Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is most likely because I am mad at Insurance for not wanting to cover my sons broken arm, But how is life over there?
How is the work field, cost of living the general up and down's, but most important how is the medical.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Its great up here. we pay alot of tax but medicall is free for all and we have a welfare system for the dissabled thats pretty good to.

For you sons case, cost 0 but depending how busy they are you could wait up to six hours to get it mended, life or death and serious cases always go first.

As for work we are feelling the recesion here as well but were in better shape because our banks are regulated by the government and did not give out intrest only morgages

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its great up here. we pay alot of tax but medicall is free for all and we have a welfare system for the dissabled thats pretty good to.

For you sons case, cost 0 but depending how busy they are you could wait up to six hours to get it mended, life or death and serious cases always go first.

As for work we are feelling the recesion here as well but were in better shape because our banks are regulated by the government and did not give out intrest only morgages
All they did was but him in a sling, and sent him home didn't do surgery till the next day.
Can't move any time soon but paying off bills and putting my family in a situation where it is a option in the future is something i'm doing.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No we are covered by blue cross blue shield. They denied the claim at first but my wife called theme talk to theme and they are we submitting the claim so we will see.
The problem is even with insurance you find yourself fighting theme to pay most of the time.

·
Banned
3,914 Posts
No we are covered by blue cross blue shield. They denied the claim at first but my wife called theme talk to theme and they are we submitting the claim so we will see.
The problem is even with insurance you find yourself fighting theme to pay most of the time.
Really sorry to read things like this RC, over here we have our N.H.S. system where all is free and treatment is usually of high standards. Still, some times you get the morons writing into the national blog denouncing the system, they need to wake up and see what you guys have at yer disposal.
Hope the young man mends well, sure he will.

bucky :thumbsup:

·
Uselss
73 Posts
Medical system is okay in Canada and I say that from personal experience. Sure everything is free, however, that means that the system is abused beyond belief. I broke my wrist and elbow in a low slide last year and ended up waiting 16 hours in the emergency room just to get in. Another 4 before I finally went home, but at least I got the attention I needed and it was done right the first time. The plus to all this, is that I can walk into any hospital in Canada, show them my provincial health care card and get treatment. No insurance BS, no court and no lawyers. As said before, taxes rape you, I pay around 35-40% of my gross income to taxes. PM and I can point you in the right direction as far as immigration information and services available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.