Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'm helping one of my "R1" buddies take his wheels off so he can get new tires mounted for a ride Sat!!! Actually, it will be with two R1's so I can't wait to get out in the twisties and spank 'em!!!!! This will be my first real test to see what this machine of mine will do!!!!! No doubt i my mind they'll be doing all they can to keep up...lol!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here it is Sat. evening. Got back from my ride with my buddies....ended up w/ two R1's, R6, 954, Gixxer 750 and myself. All I can say is "THIS BIKE KICKS MAJOR A$$"!!!!! Today was the first time I really got to "ride" it....rode it hard. It handles like a dream....only once did the corsas slide a bit (front tire) while in a deep left lean. Could be the tire still scrubbing to the edge?? We departed our ride with everyone clearly agreeing that the 1K is the king...lol!!! At one stop, the 954 rider said that when we all nailed it one time that he was full throttle and I was pulling away from him...that's what I like to hear. Overall, it was a great ride and to finally see what this bike is capable of was awesome!!!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joker45 said:
Yea you still were most likely still scrubbibg that front in...At least I hope so. Good news to here. What did your r1 buddies think? I have a big ride coming up in two weeks. Should be fun.
They were in awe!!! :shock: Not once did I ever feel unevenly matched. If I was in the lead, they never passed by and if I was following, they never gained an inch on me!! :lol: But at every stop, all of them were just drooling over it 8)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
uberspeed said:
Good stuff! The stability is what makes Honda's even if we are a bit heavier (direct corelation) and down a bit on power.
Riding this thing in an all out balls to the wall......wight and power difference NEVER shows :lol: You guys are gonna love it when in a so called twisties race...shhh!!!! I didn't say that. Be safe!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Almost forgot....at one point on a back stretch (which I normally don't do on the road...but the urge hit....very safe open straight) the R1s were in front and were gone!!!!! I nailed it instantly, not wanting to be showed up since I was representing the 1K...lol!!! I glanced down at the speedo at one point and it was at 144 and this thing was STILL pulling like nothing. Even in the distance I was able to notice that I was starting to reel them in. So....all this mag. hype with the downplaying of OUR bikes....don't believe it!! Very impressed with it. Thought you might want to hear that!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.