Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
a d m i n
151,001 Posts
I have 2 friends wt ‘20, V4R’s, (well, now technically 3 wt RacerX), but one of the first 2 had his Winglets gel coated, and I have to say, I like the look hella more, when the 2 motos are parked next to ea other.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How did you “Matt” them? Simply sand down..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I fitted the front fender and can now say I will only buy from Luka at carbon to race. The thread inserts for the brake line mounts were spot on. On right side the only thing I had to do was cut the collar off the sensor bracket that holds the wire. Also got rid of reflector mount. Bracket on other side is removed completely. Great stuff guys. Hope this helps someone.

Matted my exhaust guard and hanger to match fenders. Look pretty good.

I scuffed them with a maroon scotch Brite pad lightly. Just knock down the shine. Don't go crazy. Clean with alcohol . I warm part with heat gun and sprayed with rustolium matte clear. I put about 2 coats on it. Used heat gun lightly to help dry. Hair dryer would do the same.

Looks really good after a few hrs of dry time. Remember don
t go crazy on scuffing the original clear will protect your carbon as it should the matte will just change the color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks man. I'll take a look.
Sot was an easy fit, no need to reem holes and use washers or spacers?
Finally a decent fit carbon hugger (y)
It fit as well as the stock. Front fender fit ever better. Inserts for brakeli e mounts were perfect.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I reached out to some folks in southern California and a bloke about 30 miles north of you would love to meet up for some fun socal riding, trading war stories and let you see an improved bike in action.
If you're on Facebook DM me your details and I will introduce you guys.
Are there any of your flash in or near ATL ?? Love to compared

21 - 28 of 28 Posts