Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard arguments that the 1000RR ships with a catalytic converter no matter what state you are in. If that's true, that licks my bawls. Damn republik of kalifornia imposing their damn environmental sissy-wissy laws on us. (uhh.. obviously this doesn't apply to all you bastards who installed full systems) 8)

Some questions... that if answered, could probably get us going down the road towards better performance:

Is it true that all CBR1000RR's ship with (a) catalytic converter(s)?
Where is the location of the converter(s)?
What material is the converter made from (cermaic or metal mesh)?
How easy is it to weld in a "test pipe"?
How easy is it to gut the catalyst (only applicable to ceramic converters)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Alright Jrod, you win. But let's agree on the fact that the cat is after the collector. (pearl seems to think there might be more than one cat.) Okay. Almost "mid-pipe"?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My michigan bike did not have a cat at all. there are two resonators in the bottom of the header, but no cats unless you are in california. they would be in the section of up-pipe behind the right rear set. mine had open pipe there with a big space between the pipe and the heat shield. I saw this when installing the full akrapovic, the supposed cat was the main reason I put a full system on it. :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.