Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please watch out!! When buying fairing kits from Auctmarts in HK!!! total disaster....!
They are not perfect fit, they melt with the heat, plus the paint is really bad quality..I bought Black Matte, the decals went off after the first wash and the matte gets polish after a while..!
Just be careful because after you buy it, they wont even reply to you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Really? Gee I bought mine and took the time to put in all the factory heat insulation and I sealed the paint before installation. They fit perfectly and look amazing! I have had them on for a few months now with not even a hint of melting and yes I have been stuck in traffic a few times in 90 degree heat. Everyone who has seen them (including the Honda Dealer) is blown away buy how nice the fairings are and how nice the bike is. It's an 2004 but most think is a brand new bike.
No matter what you buy, if you don't take care of it or install it correctly don't expect it to last.

·
Registered
891 Posts
They worked for me...on my second set...

·
Ex-Everything
6,153 Posts
Lol, search!!!!!!!

Is it so hard to do?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Youll be fine, just heat wrap them and their quality is vastly improved over past 4 yrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought a set from them for my 07 CBR600rr and it was just a huge waste of money. Nothing fit or even come close to fitting .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Auctmarts are horrible! I bought a set and by the time the made it from China the upper, lower, and tail fairing were cracked and the paint was spider webbed all over because they put a pound of clear coat on them.... To make things worse the only way to communicate with them is via e-mail because they don't speak English.....(trust me I called them). They offered me a 180.00 refund on a set that cost me 600.00 dollars + delayed me from getting my bike on the track that much longer. So now I have a 400.00 dollar set of fairings that I can't use plus I have to buy a complete set of hotbodies fairings for 600.00 dollars and pay 300.00 to get them painted. For shits and giggles I mounted them just to see if I could get my bike out regardless of the paint and cracks.....the fitment sucks and they are extremely brittle.....when I tried to mount the upper to the lower the fiberglass blew out where the deuz fasteners went......the way they molded them they must have pulled them out of the mold before they were set and laid them down.... the parts were all twisted to the point where they wouldn't match up at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here are some of their e-mails.........auctmarts: I will call you now, but my english isn;t too good, please forgive

·
Registered
128 Posts
We are very sorry to let you know that we are having difficulty on the race kit material, the fairing cracked when we apply some force on it.

Do you think we can send you street fairing with headlight holes filled in? So total 3 pieces, front fairing, left and right side fairing.

Please let us know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This one is from a month of waiting with many emails sent without any response.......auctmarts: Hello,

Thank you for your purchase. Chinese Customs has rejected the original shipment of a bunch of our fairing packages because there was an issue with the export documents. We have submitted the correct documents and have retrieved the item from customs. We apologize for the delays and inconvenience caused by this issue and we truly hope for your forgiveness.

We will be able to provide a new tracking number to you when it shipped out again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine took about 6 weeks from the date of purchase. Custom Playboy kit, lined the sides and lower with DEI heat tape and mat and zero issues on fitment other than lower fairing and breaking a tab. They are a bit thinner but they are ABS injected molded, but no fiber fill (18%fiber) like the OEM stuff, if you want pics I'll post some up. Oh and no fading or heat warping yet.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Ex-Everything
6,153 Posts
Some people are happy with maaco because they are cheap others are not because they have high expectations. In the end you get what you pay for. End of story.
All truth, and nuthin but the truth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also ordered a set of fairings from auctmarts, installed alot of heat tape on lowers and haven't had any issues 08 cbr1k. Fitment is almost perfect.

From the post here I guess it's a toss of a coin. Looking into buying a set for my 07 cbr1k.

Other companies that sell aftermarket fairings on eBay are really junk seen a set on my friends bike. Bad paint job, horrible fitment.
Aftermarket fairings: auctmarts seems to be as good as its gonna get in that price margin.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 65 Posts