Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a 1000RR Newbie and could really use your help.

I was caught in a Heavy downpour last night and my Bike actually started jerking, with pulsing clock and headlights, 2kms from home.

This morning, I tried starting it and nothing but a hissing noise. Clock back light lights up, but no readings on it. When I engaged the ignition button, the clock dies. Even the 'Neutral' light didn't go on.

Please help, I don't wanna scratch around a and mess it up further and I don't need mechs trying to rip me off again.

Thanks in advance,

Bradley

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a 1000RR Newbie and could really use your help.

I was caught in a Heavy downpour last night and my Bike actually started jerking, with pulsing clock and headlights, 2kms from home.

This morning, I tried starting it and nothing but a hissing noise. Clock back light lights up, but no readings on it. When I engaged the ignition button, the clock dies. Even the 'Neutral' light didn't go on.

Please help, I don't wanna scratch around a and mess it up further and I don't need mechs trying to rip me off again.

Thanks in advance,

Bradley
Sounds like an electrical issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go figure, it's my Stator.

And here is a perfect example of 'Fly-by-night' Mechs and why I don't easily trust Mechs in this country. I made a video and sent it to three different mechs, since I tried everything I found in other posts regarding wet wether consequances. The one guy actually quoted me to repair my cluster. One spoke about my rectifier / ecu damaged due to the rain. Which I actually believed as my 636 also has his at the kickstand, and I figured it got wet cos of all the rain on the road.

A reputable Bike shop wanted me to take my bike in for an initial inspection, at R 2000 for labour.

Third guy tells me it's my stator - from the same video. Comes to my house, connets a charger and Bike starts. He removed the charger and the Bike dies. Cost me R250, to save me R1750.

Case-in-point.

On the upside, I now know someone who reliable and trustworthy.

Mahalo Bevo(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys and thanks for you for all the advice.

I jump started my Bike today and it was smoking out the right side, which smells like oil.

Do any of you know what it could be?

Also, does the Bike oil lube the chain?

Thnaks guys.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
If it smell like oil it's probably oil. Charge your battery or buy a new one.
You must clean and lube the chain every 500 miles. The oil inside the motor does not lubricate the drive chain.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
So is it a bad thing to smell the oil?

Why am I smelling the oil?

Could it be because I haven't started the bike in 3 weeks and over revved it?
If your CBR is in good working order you should not smell oil. What year is the bike? How many miles are on it? Has it ever been crashed? How many owners has the bike had? If you don't have an owner's manual, you should order one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your CBR is in good working order you should not smell oil. What year is the bike? How many miles are on it? Has it ever been crashed? How many owners has the bike had? If you don't have an owner's manual, you should order one.
The Bike, an 05 model, has 80k kms on it. I'm the 3rd owner and it hasn't been crashed from my side. I'm looking to get a manual online.

I just wanted to check about the smoking and oil. I'm not sure about wether it got or had some oil left on the exhaust. I'll charge the battery and check it again.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
The Bike, an 05 model, has 80k kms on it. I'm the 3rd owner and it hasn't been crashed from my side. I'm looking to get a manual online.

I just wanted to check about the smoking and oil. I'm not sure about wether it got or had some oil left on the exhaust. I'll charge the battery and check it again.
If you just changed the oil, then you could have gotten some on the exhaust. Wash your bike thoroughly by hand. DO NOT USE A HIGH PRESSURE SPRAYER.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts