Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering coming over from the green team (zx10r) and I was wondering what there was to know about this bike(2008-2009 cbr1000rr). I am mostly interested in any weak points, not that I think there are any. Also which common mods (brands) benefit the bike the most.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
get the 09 not the 08 the bugs have been worked out of the 09 i have bolth 08 zx10 and 08 cbr are both are great bikes the kawi is very agrresive power delivery compared to the cbr but bolth are the same in power for the most part if you get the cbr get the z- bomb and a good full exhaust system with a bazzaz self mapping unit and it will get the kawi up top midrange is not even a contest the cbr has plenty of that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get the 09 not the 08 the bugs have been worked out of the 09 i have bolth 08 zx10 and 08 cbr are both are great bikes the kawi is very agrresive power delivery compared to the cbr but bolth are the same in power for the most part if you get the cbr get the z- bomb and a good full exhaust system with a bazzaz self mapping unit and it will get the kawi up top midrange is not even a contest the cbr has plenty of that
More mid range than the 08 zx10? I have an 08 with full akra, pc3, tre, bmc, ais and the smog removed and that thing is a beast especially in the middle so that would be very impressive. Which exhausts are best I like the gp style but power is more important than looks. Thank you for your input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts