Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please, does someone know what color are chassis,engine,front fork,and front callipers on cbr1000rr 2009??? I ask because one my friend bought 1000rr repsol,he says that is 2009,but engine is brown ,chassis,front fork and front callipers are black colored. We do not belive him,some guys say that bike is 2008, painted in Repsol colors. They say that 2009 has black engine, not painted chassis,and gold front fork and callipers. So please, if someone know what colors are 1000rr 2009??

Please take a look on pics down I uploaded,and tell me is this factory repsol 2009. and the most intersting,the bike is bought at honda dealer in my town??!!!

·
The Search Czar
2,924 Posts
The 2008 has gold and black engine casings; it depended on what market you were in that decided what color they were.

If it was a 2008, then the VIN would show it, the tag would as well and when it was built.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Go to repsolforum.com and those guys will help you. There's even a spec sheet for the 2009 Repsol there.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I think they only made Repsol models in odd years(05,07,09). The frames on the '09 are aluminum and unpainted. I believe all the '08s are black. Look at the serial number it will tell you what year it is.

·
Banned
410 Posts
My '09 REP frame is painted silver. The sub frame is also painted and does not match the frame very well.
I think they only made Repsol models in odd years(05,07,09). The frames on the '09 are aluminum and unpainted. I believe all the '08s are black. Look at the serial number it will tell you what year it is.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is my 09:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is this factory REPSOL 2009????

this is that bike... is it factory repsol 2009??? we think that is not,and that bike is 2008,painted in repsol colors. and the most intersting,bike is bought at honda dealer in my town!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
this is that bike... is it factory repsol 2009??? we think that is not,and that bike is 2008,painted in repsol colors. and the most intersting,bike is bought at honda dealer in my town!!!!!
It is for sure a 2008! It seems that all plastic just changed to repsol plastic for some reason...

And rims also changed or painted!

From rear turn indicators you can also see that they are 2008 style.

·
lelemud
1,848 Posts
if this is happening in Croatia I'm not surprised at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah,thank you man. The rims are painted for sure and all plastics are changed. the bike looks nice,but owner is our friend and he says that the bike is factory repsol 2009! But all of us saw that something is wrong. He can not hide details. All of us have bikes and we know something,nobody is stupid. Very stupid from him and honda delaer. Everybody in town know the truth.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it happend in Croatia, but the owner knew that!! we think that was owner´s idea. he did it together with honda delaer. that is the thing. it is ok if he did that and says the truth, but he convices us different. That bike is factory repsol 2009 what is not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cant see any idea of buying a brand new 2008 and change plastic to repsol. I know that in Europe we had a lot of left over 2008 Fireblades for sale and I bought a brand new 2008 in January for 2000 EUR less than a 2009. But then changing plastic to 2009 will cost close to as much as the price reduction for a left over 2008 was...

·
Registered
363 Posts
a real 09 repsol has a silver frame

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
The fact that they removed the VIN sticker from the frame but didn't remove any stickers off of the swingarm is a big clue that something shady is going on.

I know people like removing the stock stickers to make the bike look cleaner (myself included), but why would you leave all of the ones on the swingarm and only remove the VIN sticker on the frame?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that they removed VIN sticker because there is stated a year of manufacture -2008, as all of you see. But owner convices us that bike is factory repsol what means that it is manufactured in 2009. So that is why they removed it. My opinion. And I think that all repsols has the same colors,no matter US or Europe model. But I am not sure. And Owner tells us that he ordered Repsol Bike with black frame and swingarm. What a bullshit !! AND WHAT I THINK HE DID !!? He bought new bike made 2008 for about 2500-3000 Euros less than 2009 model,and for that difference he bought Akrapovic canister, Repsol plastics and painted rims. It is new bike and looks pretty good,but he thinks that everybody are stupid and nobody knows nothing, but still he convices us all that the bike is factory repsol 2009. Thank you everybody for comment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts