I added yoshi & BMC filter
Here is my
Rectangle Font Wood Handwriting Parallel

Computer Output device Personal computer Gadget Font

graph

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dynos may vary yo, atmospheric conditions also play a role (temp and height above sea level) - so do not read too much into other dyno charts, rather look at your own before and after.

I also think that "A Squids Life" air-fuel ratio looks a bit better. Look at Moore-Mafia's dyno on this model Blade and you will see they don't make crazy top-end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dynos may vary yo, atmospheric conditions also play a role (temp and height above sea level) - so do not read too much into other dyno charts, rather look at your own before and after.

I also think that "A Squids Life" air-fuel ratio looks a bit better. Look at Moore-Mafia's dyno on this model Blade and you will see they don't make crazy top-end.
Thank you for your reply.

That was the same aswer i got from my mechanic.
"look before and after"

I get that enviromental conditions will effect the output (1-3hp) but 10hp i think is a lot, i.e. differnt OEM will issue specs differntly or will show power boost on a new model Just due to setup or test location.

Anyway thanks again for your answer.
it will be great to see here more dyno as possible variation and reff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fair enough.

Environmental variances can be up to 15%! I stay at 1.5km above sea level and when I ride close to see level the power increase is crazy. At home my bike will lift on full throttle in 1st only, at sea level it sometimes happens in 3rd.

The way a bike is run-in also plays a role on power output, though not much with modern engines. Also, do the US spec bikes not have massive restrictions, including the intake? Have you removed the intake obstructions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair enough.

Environmental variances can be up to 15%! I stay at 1.5km above sea level and when I ride close to see level the power increase is crazy. At home my bike will lift on full throttle in 1st only, at sea level it sometimes happens in 3rd.

The way a bike is run-in also plays a role on power output, though not much with modern engines. Also, do the US spec bikes not have massive restrictions, including the intake? Have you removed the intake obstructions?
My bike is not US So i think i have no restrictions.
What intake obstructions are thier? (any avileable guides to remove/verify...)
Thank you for all your tips...

BTW dyno done at Tel-Aviv (in Israel) at sea level and so are most of my rides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool, yeah only the US bikes have plastic plates on the intake tubes to reduce the diameter, as to reduce power and intake noise. US bikes also have very aggressive restrictions on the throttle, where rider input is very muted (you give 100% but the ECU only opens the throttle 70%, as an example). But none of this applies to your bike,.

I think your HP numbers for a dyno run at sea level is quite ok. You will find that if you dice your buds on the highway (which is not a true measure of skill anyway) most other bikes will beat you on top end. For me, the Blade is a weapon on track, and that is where skill and safe fun resides.

MCN 2017 Superbike Shootout | Road Test | Motorcyclenews.com - YouTube

The Blade does very well in acceleration and top speed tests, in the real world, even with 20HP less than the competition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know Honda 2017-2019 are not top end at figures, but i think it is nice to see reff bikes V.S. My/your bike, maybe even get some tips how to get it better.
Thank you all for your answers and dyno uploads

BTW i didnt remove my CAT, as i have yoshi alfa and it is load, i think that removing the CAT...

·
Registered
616 Posts
The 2 Blades dyno'ed by Moore Mafia on Youtube also illustrate HP figures of about 160-170HP. I also run the Yoshi, and must say that removing the exhaust valve is not good for these bikes, I have lost lots of midrange.

Removing the CAT definitely requires a flash/remap as the bike runs dangerously lean.

moore mafia cbr1000rr - YouTube

Fixing the exhaust valve so it's permanently open on mine made no impact on midrange performance. It's just for sound reduction, Honda may claim it's a "power valve" but that's just marketing BS.

You could probably get all that midrange back and more with a tune.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The 2 Blades dyno'ed by Moore Mafia on Youtube also illustrate HP figures of about 160-170HP. I also run the Yoshi, and must say that removing the exhaust valve is not good for these bikes, I have lost lots of midrange.

Removing the CAT definitely requires a flash/remap as the bike runs dangerously lean.

Firstly My bike is a EURO SPEC 2017.

Secondly DO NOT LISTEN TO MOORE MAFIA the guy is a complete IDIOT when it comes to the blades. He mentions in his videos that the knock sensor is detecting detonation and retarding the timing. WELL THE SC77 DOES NOT I repeat DOES NOT have a knock sensor. I spoke with Woolich (they are aussie) in length about my tune as I have seen other bikes in AUS get over 180 at the wheel so mines actually not very impressive. I have seen an SP with full Akra system get 193hp and 91ft/lb torque.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fixing the exhaust valve so it's permanently open on mine made no impact on midrange performance. It's just for sound reduction, Honda may claim it's a "power valve" but that's just marketing BS.

You could probably get all that midrange back and more with a tune.
Exhaust valves are actually quite important. Refer to this video EQUAL LENGTH tubular vs. LOG manifolds (headers) - SCAVENGING and EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE EXPLAINED - YouTube , sorry not sure where they mention exhaust valves. I also had a look at the design of the Blade's valve and it is definitely for torque, etc. And on mine anyway, I feel a difference (no mapping done). So yeah, having a custom tune may sort that out, and is recommended. It is also for sound, you are correct, EPA and all that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Firstly My bike is a EURO SPEC 2017.

Secondly DO NOT LISTEN TO MOORE MAFIA the guy is a complete IDIOT when it comes to the blades. He mentions in his videos that the knock sensor is detecting detonation and retarding the timing. WELL THE SC77 DOES NOT I repeat DOES NOT have a knock sensor. I spoke with Woolich (they are aussie) in length about my tune as I have seen other bikes in AUS get over 180 at the wheel so mines actually not very impressive. I have seen an SP with full Akra system get 193hp and 91ft/lb torque.
I also read somewhere that it does not have a knock sensor. Very strange for an engine not to have this as knock can destroy an engine, Honda must be quite confident. The Moore guy does however do very well in racing and his bikes are awesome, so maybe just one small mistake from him in this regard. Lastly, 180HP here, 160HP here, 200HP here, each dyno differs...

·
Classifieds Moderator
762 Posts
I also read somewhere that it does not have a knock sensor. Very strange for an engine not to have this as knock can destroy an engine, Honda must be quite confident. The Moore guy does however do very well in racing and his bikes are awesome, so maybe just one small mistake from him in this regard. Lastly, 180HP here, 160HP here, 200HP here, each dyno differs...
There is a knock sensor on 2008-2016 bikes bolted to the cylinder block so that may be his source of mistake, but for 2017+ there is no knock sensor.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Exhaust valves are actually quite important. Refer to this video EQUAL LENGTH tubular vs. LOG manifolds (headers) - SCAVENGING and EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE EXPLAINED - YouTube , sorry not sure where they mention exhaust valves. I also had a look at the design of the Blade's valve and it is definitely for torque, etc. And on mine anyway, I feel a difference (no mapping done). So yeah, having a custom tune may sort that out, and is recommended. It is also for sound, you are correct, EPA and all that.
The valve on the SC77 is WAY past the header/manifold. It's right before the muffler. The video you linked really has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Here's a link to a credible source on this matter: https://blog.brocksperformance.com/exhaust-valves-and-servo-motors-explained/
From the article:

"The purpose of this system according to the motorcycle manufacturers’ marketing departments is to create back-pressure at lower RPMs to increase torque. Unfortunately, this probably isn’t the real reason; the true purpose of the exup valves is to meet noise and emissions regulations."

I don't doubt that you feel a difference but you put on a free flowing slip on which is different than eliminating a valve designed for noise reduction. Like I said before, you should get your bike tuned. The difference you feel is most likely because the bike is running very lean in the midrange.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts