Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m at a crossroads. This question is for the guys that have ridden and or owned both models.
Which is more comfortable.
06/07 or 12-16?
I’m talking street riding only. Twisties and country curves.
Naturally the newer bikes handle better, have have a bit more power and more bells and whistles but when it comes to rider comfort what is you opinions. I’ve ridden a lot of miles on an 06/07 but never a 12+

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
It’s a sport bike, what do you expect? I have a 12 and it’s just fine. You can put on a better seat (Honda Energy Seat is good for street riding) and get adjustable rear sets if your legs are not comfortable and adjust your clip ons if you feel the arms needs adjustment to suit your riding style, that’s all you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
The 2 that I have (2005 and 2018SP) are not in your question but I find the '18SP more comfortable for longer distance.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
71 Posts
For each person your body dimensions will be different and the riding triangle, handlebars to seat to foot pegs angles and distances, of each model year is different so you just have to sit on it and see for yourself which is best. I have long legs and arms and the '17 SP fit me better than most sport bikes, I guess I got lucky as I preferred the Honda over the Yamaha R1 for fit and looks. You can always customize with seats, pegs and different bars but it is nice if the bike basically fits you to begin with. Hope you find a good fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've ridden both. They both sucked for long rides lol. You can make them more comfortable, but that shouldn't be your goal i wouldn't think lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did 94000km on an '05 and I have 78000km on my 2012.
I think I only did 1 track day on the 05 and I've done 2 on the '12
So .. it's nearly all road milage.
I do get pretty sore by the end of a track day (mainly wrists) - but I'm not exactly young (I'm 57) and i don't do any exercise - so no surprise there.
When I'm on the road - I sometimes get a sore ass - but it only happens if I ride slowly (ie high speed enforcement areas.)
The answer - Go faster!!
But since that's not a PC thing to say these days - the sanitised answer is - Don't just sit there like a sack of fertilizer - move your weight around.Even when just droning along - use the gearbox as if you are ready to unleash the beast. If u just chug along in the upper gears then your mind, your body and your bike will all lose their "state of tune"
Riding should be "active".
I'm 5'11, about 75 kg. And as mentioned already - I'm as old as hell ...
But Fireblade are still comfortable enough for 800 km a day - and then also for the trip home the next day.
Cheers

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Can't Spell
411 Posts
If it ain't a banana seat F4i then there is no point talking comfort and sportbikes together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts