Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dano's Performance now offers ECU Flashing for the 2017-18 Honda CBR1000RR models. This service is only available to our U.S. customers. Our ECU flash removes all the restrictions programmed into the ECU from the factory. These restrictions greatly hinder engine performance and throttle response. We will optimize both the ignition and the fuel curve which will unleash horsepower from your engine. The cost for this service is $200.00 and we offer a one day turn around time.This ECU flash will all but eliminate the need for a Power Commander and ignition module. See our website for all the details at:
http://www.danosperformance.com/Honda ECU Flash.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we also installed a Yoshimura Alpha race full exhaust system, smog block off plates and flashed the ecu. These bikes are fly by wire which means the ecu controls the throttle plate opening and they only open to 73 percent at full throttle.This is why there is such a large gain in top end power since we can allow the throttle plates to open to 100 percent via the ecu flash. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow...20 hp? That is incredible...Hey Dan, did you, by chance make any pulls with just the ECU and stock exhaust?

Thanks again.

Tony

·
Superbike Squid Bro
501 Posts
These bikes are fly by wire which means the ecu controls the throttle plate opening and they only open to 73 percent at full throttle.
Meanwhile all the superbike shootouts love the 2017 1000RR but complain about power. I guess 73% throttle does help with traction control :laugh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have tested HRC stuff in the past and we have found they are very high priced and don't offer very good gains for the money spent. Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I have noticed HRC parts sourced in the USA and Europe seem to carry a 40% price premium. I get my stuff direct from Japan so hopefully the price/performance ratio will be better :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just shipped my ECU to Dan and can't wait to get it back already...

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Are the ETV tables in the Engine Braking section being edited as well? If so, why?

Are these the only or primary ETV management tables in the Honda ECU?

If edited, what effect does this have on the Engine Braking behavior of the bike as the rider selects options in the User Interface of the dash?

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Did anyone see the WSBK 2018 Season Opener @ Phillip Island? I won't spoil it if you didn't, but I think we're going to see the Honda on the box a few times this season.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any idea when the SP2 flash will be available? I pick up #84 SP2 tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts