Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
On Dano’s Performance tune, you just send him the ECU, he flashes the ECU, then send it back, then you reinstall the ECU? Or is there something else you half to do the motorcycle?

I was told by Dan that, depending on mods, a “marble mod” must be done, but it’s as simple as capping off the nipple inside the airbox w 5/8” vacuum cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was told by Dan that, depending on mods, a “marble mod” must be done, but it’s as simple as capping off the nipple inside the airbox w 5/8” vacuum cap
From my understanding, the marble mod is a "PAIR valve block". I think this is only required if you are attaching an AFR gauge and need to get the most accurate readings for a tune.

But, I'm no expert....

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
From my understanding, the marble mod is a "PAIR valve block". I think this is only required if you are attaching an AFR gauge and need to get the most accurate readings for a tune.

But, I'm no expert....

You are right, it is a pair valve block. I plan on ECM flash & slip on only & he said to do this, other wise there will be constant popping.

This is what I was told to do
I’m no expert either, In the past I’ve dropped my bike of w local tuners but they don’t know what to do with this current gen fireblade. The tuner I’ve trusted for many years wants to flash mine w FTECU & I’ve read not to for many reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is flashing the ECU worth doing?
I can't speak from experience because I didn't get his flash, but judging based on their spec sheet, it looks 100% worth it.

Removing the US restrictions is huge due to all the restrictions they have to put to be US legal.

When I installed my woolich racing software (PAIR delete as well), the first thing I did was upload EU AFR / IAP / TPS maps and removed all the US restrictions. No map tuning other than just transferring over the EU maps, and my bike was night and day. The whole power band was significantly smoother, and I definitely noticed a difference on just a stock EU map.

The spec sheet indicates that the Pair Valve gets disabled, but I'm still pretty sure you have to plug it up. I'm sure they disable it electronically so that you don't throw a code, but it may still work, which is why they recommend plugging up the valve.

I'm not sure if every bike will get +20HP, but you should definitely notice a difference. Just do it dude lol. It's the first step to feeling what your bike should feel like.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had this service from Dan in my 17rr prior to me purchasing the Woolich system . I had everything stock and it made a significant difference. Bike ran cooler and felt snappier.

The ECM is under the fuel tank cover bolted to the top of the tank. It’s very simple to take off. Took me maybe 10 mins to remove it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Did you half to block off the pair valve? Does the bike have more power down low after Dano’s ECU Flash?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello.
I have a CBR1000RR 2011year. My bike have a ECU flash but my question is: Can I install and Bazzaz ZFI for more HP ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had this service from Dan in my 17rr prior to me purchasing the Woolich system . I had everything stock and it made a significant difference. Bike ran cooler and felt snappier.

The ECM is under the fuel tank cover bolted to the top of the tank. It’s very simple to take off. Took me maybe 10 mins to remove it

What options did you have done, with your ECU flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes we also installed a Yoshimura Alpha race full exhaust system, smog block off plates and flashed the ecu. These bikes are fly by wire which means the ecu controls the throttle plate opening and they only open to 73 percent at full throttle.This is why there is such a large gain in top end power since we can allow the throttle plates to open to 100 percent via the ecu flash. Thanks Dan
What are the horsepower gains with just a Graves slip on?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
With a full system exhaust we achieved 20 horsepower with our ecu flash so with a slip on exhaust you will about an 18 horsepower gain. Thanks Dan

121 - 140 of 159 Posts