Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
a d m i n
151,058 Posts
With only a few HP difference between a full system vs a slip-on, is it even worth spending the extra loot for a FS?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
With only a few HP difference between a full system vs a slip-on, is it even worth spending the extra loot for a FS?
Not only that but the gain is all on the top end usually resulting in a loss of power, torque, and smooth throttle low and mid range. Good for track use but worthless on the street.
Best gains are to be had with an ECU flash removing US restrictions and improving AFR's

·
a d m i n
151,058 Posts
I decided to add a Graves titanium slip-on, and sent my ecu to Dan for his flash, and I have to say, my bike feels brand new, all the hesitation is gone, quick-shifter is like butter now, 3rd gear pulls crazy hard, (the gear I use most in twisty roads), my confidence on the bike has tripled, absolutely love it!

Proper review to follow.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I decided to add a Graves titanium slip-on, and sent my ecu to Dan for his flash, and I have to say, my bike feels brand new, all the hesitation is gone, quick-shifter is like butter now, 3rd gear pulls crazy hard, (the gear I use most in twisty roads), my confidence on the bike has tripled, absolutely love it!

Proper review to follow.
I was thinking of getting a Graves slip-on pipe, but was looking at the Carbon Fiber look one, do you like the sound of the pipe?

·
Registered
130 Posts

Proper review to follow.
Thanks. Which of the boxes did you check on the list of things they can do?

·
a d m i n
151,058 Posts
I was thinking of getting a Graves slip-on pipe, but was looking at the Carbon Fiber look one, do you like the sound of the pipe?
I really love the sound of the Ti Graves. A killa, deep burble, not too loud, (I’m not a fan of loud exhausts), and it weighs next to nothing. The install time was under 2 minutes, (after removing the stock exhaust/valve/cables), so easy & quick. There is a YT vid for the install. Personally, I prefer the look and feel of the Titanium, over the CF. For me, CF degrades over time.

Thanks. Which of the boxes did you check on the list of things they can do?
These are what I went with:
1CA5A1C3-8C49-408F-9ABC-349454B463BA.jpeg

·
Registered
130 Posts
I really love the sound of the Ti Graves. A killa, deep burble, not too loud, (I’m not a fan of loud exhausts), and it weighs next to nothing. The install time was under 2 minutes, (after removing the stock exhaust/valve/cables), so easy & quick. There is a YT vid for the install. Personally, I prefer the look and feel of the Titanium, over the CF. For me, CF degrades over time.

These are what I went with: View attachment 259675
Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts

These are what I went with: View attachment 259675
I have only seen the Carbon Fiber look on the Graves site, haven’t seen one on someone CBR, I wonder if Graves does the clear casing over the Carbon? Want to do Carbon and remove their logo, but can change my mind, not getting the exhaust yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have only seen the Carbon Fiber look on the Graves site, haven’t seen one on someone CBR, I wonder if Graves does the clear casing over the Carbon? Want to do Carbon and remove their logo, but can change my mind, not getting the exhaust yet.
I have the Yosh slip on exhaust, but I fear it is too loud for my local law. I’m considering selling it, for the carbon graves which looks great!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts