Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the local dealer today and they showed me a tech bulletin. About the Speedo problem that many others have reported. If your speedo gets off then there is no repair for it at this time and to make it worse it can take place at any time. They are reportedly 23% off when they do malfunction. However on a positive note this problem does not effect the odometer according to honda. To tell if yours is correct here are the numbers you should be reading at 4,000 rpm (If you read these numbers it is correct)

1st gear 29mph, 2nd gear 38mph, 3rd gear 46mph, 4th gear 53mph, 5th gear 59mph, 6th gear 64mph.

Once again if you read these numbers the speedo is correct however they said this issue can begin at any time so just keep an eye on it so you will know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st gear: 46.4 km/h
2nd gear: 60.8 km/h
3rd gear: 73.6 km/h
4th gear: 84.8 km/h
5th gear: 94.4 km/h
6th gear: 102.4 km/h.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It happened to me about a month ago at the 500 mile mark, the dealer replaced the guages and pick-up. Honda wanted the defectve parts ASAP so they were overnighted to Japan, with about 700 miles showing on the new clock it's working fine so far. Something tells me that I haven't seen the last of this problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rogue Racing

What tyre pressure are you running for the road?? I am on 34 front and 40 back at the moment but have not played with it yet.

Yep i did notice the drive line lash, anything that can be done about this?

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
I'm also in the very infancy stages of a on a new site, so new that it hasn't propagated fully to the web yet so some may not even be able to see it.

http://www.rogueracing.org
Oooh, does this mean you're taking in new ROGUE members that own 1KRRs?

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Uhhh, No.

I want to devote the time to pure development & not forum management & I simply cannot take on another full time forum right now. Being a moderator is one thing, but managing paying members etc is just too much of a burden plus the expense of running ROGUE while less than it was at its peak is still largely coming out of my pocket.

I just want to build a page that outlines the mods on the 1000RR, but I want to give all the details of why we make those mods as well.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Back on topic, I got that bulletin in the mail today. I saw it at the delership last week, but didn't realize they were going to also send it to all customers. If Honda is alerting all owners, it must be fairly widespread. I never checked my speedo, but while riding next to someone yesterday, my speedo was reading about 15 MPH slower than his. I'm gonna go verify the accuracy in a few minutes here.

I spoke to the dealer again today, and they got another bulletin that says they (Honda) are working on sending out stickers with that chart on them to put on your tank so you don't have to remember the figures while riding. On one hand that seems just like Honda to be so thorough, on the other hand, give me a break...

·
Registered
738 Posts
IronNutz said:
Back on topic, I got that bulletin in the mail today. I saw it at the delership last week, but didn't realize they were going to also send it to all customers. If Honda is alerting all owners, it must be fairly widespread. I never checked my speedo, but while riding next to someone yesterday, my speedo was reading about 15 MPH slower than his. I'm gonna go verify the accuracy in a few minutes here.

I spoke to the dealer again today, and they got another bulletin that says they (Honda) are working on sending out stickers with that chart on them to put on your tank so you don't have to remember the figures while riding. On one hand that seems just like Honda to be so thorough, on the other hand, give me a break...
I hope the stickers are just for the riders to do an accurate test....not a fix???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.