Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,,,I've search but couldn't find anything,,,may be I'm not typing in the right key word....Need some quick help please...

I have DID 520 with 15/42 combo...had it for about 4-5k miles. How long do I have to go before it needs to be replaced??? It had been clean and lube every 500 miles,,,,doesn't look streched,,,havn't had to adjust it much at all except for normal scheduled maint.

Reason I'm asking is I'm putting new tires on tomorrow and wonder if I should replace the chain also,,,going to the track this Friday for birfday...:)

Thanks in advance y'all,,,

Butch....

·
black as night
1,367 Posts
your good for atleast 3 times that or 15k miles, before you should even consider replacing it. That is considering proper slack and lube like you stated.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
yeah man your nowhere near needing to replace it yet. as long as your cleaning and lubricating like you said...with the 520 i dont think youll get 3 times as much but should be at the very least 10,000 miles or more

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your good for atleast 3 times that or 15k miles, before you should even consider replacing it. That is considering proper slack and lube like you stated.
yeah man your nowhere near needing to replace it yet. as long as your cleaning and lubricating like you said...with the 520 i dont think youll get 3 times as much but should be at the very least 10,000 miles or more

Coolness,,,thanks a bunch guys for the quick replies....Ya,,,I knew the 520 doesn't last as long as the stock,,,just want to make sure since I'm puttin new tires on tomorrow...Brad talked me into the BT002 can't wait to try them out this Friday....:hail::th_salute:

Thanks again,
Butch....

·
Registered
402 Posts
i race with a 520 chain, it broke in less than 4000 KM, I clean it regularly and I raced in 4 races and 3 trackdays. I think that problem is this: the only tracks I go to are about 600KM away from my house ( no tracks near me ) and on the way there are sand storms ( Saudi Arabia ) and every time I reach my destination I wash the bike but this time I did not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts