Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title implies, today I changed my tires and now my abs light is blinking and throwing a DTC code of “S8”. Also, my traction control light is now illuminated (the circular “T”, not the one with the line through it) and my suspension warning light is now on.

I’ve tried putting some miles on it to see if maybe the code would clear but they haven’t. I’m a bit lost and not at all certain why I have codes for just a tire change. There was no damage to any of the wheel speed sensors and it’s throwing me for a loop here. Any feedback is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

The other lights have cleared themselves however the ABS light is still blinking

No DTC codes are showing now

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
32 Posts
I had a similar issue with ABS error which came back fast during each ride (not for changing tire), I went to my Honda shop to reset the error memories (there were even so unknown error code in log)
Everything was normal afterward (never came back).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a similar issue with ABS error which came back fast during each ride (not for changing tire), I went to my Honda shop to reset the error memories (there were even so unknown error code in log)
Everything was normal afterward (never came back).
I did read that a blinking abs light after service might require the SCS module to be plugged in to clear the codes.

I’ll definitely try this and see what happens (had to order the part so will need to wait until it comes in).

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
32 Posts
I did read that a blinking abs light after service might require the SCS module to be plugged in to clear the codes.

I’ll definitely try this and see what happens (had to order the part so will need to wait until it comes in).

You could just do a simple shorcut on the dlc (no risk of manipulation with the SCS)

Hood Automotive lighting Font Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Watch Output device Font Clock Communication Device

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could just do a simple shorcut on the dlc (no risk of manipulation with the SCS)

View attachment 264190
View attachment 264191
Update

I cleared the Codes using Honda SCS tool. The abs light went away and abs functionality returned…

HOWEVER, the system was going haywire and applying the brakes at low speed (softly) was causing the lever to pulse back something crazy.

After pulling the sensor off and examining it, I think I screwed it up during my initial wheel install because it was touching the plate and then I tried to go forward only to get serious rolling resistance. It looks like it’s slightly concaved at the tip.

I’ll advise the results after I get the new part

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can also count the ABS flashes after ignition on, slow flash is first number, fast flash is second number. Number will align to error code under ABS section of service manual. One of the key checks after an ABS error is to confirm rotor pickup sensor alignment and spacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts