Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Murphy's Lawyer
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody that has changed their clipons, what is the best route? Removing the triple, or dropping the forks. I have the bulldog triple stand, so wither will work; just which is less timely.

If triple, anything need to be done to the HESD?

If forks, are their torque specs for the triple clamps to the forks?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just removed the HESD, top steering stem nut, loosend the top tripple pinch bolts, and slid off the top tripple clamp. Then the OEM clip ons, after loosening their pinch bolts, slid right off and the Vortex went right on with no problem. It only took probably 30 minutes for everything.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I just removed the HESD, top steering stem nut, loosend the top tripple pinch bolts, and slid off the top tripple clamp. Then the OEM clip ons, after loosening their pinch bolts, slid right off and the Vortex went right on with no problem. It only took probably 30 minutes for everything.
+100000:thumbsup:

·
Murphy's Lawyer
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now who do I believe, see my dilemma. Guess I'm just gonna have to try and find out...Thanks gents.

·
Registered
194 Posts
clowe1234, try it top down first. Removing the forks to me sounds like too much re-measuring and realignment to go wrong. Leaving the lower tripple in place and locked down takes that out of play. But hey, thats just my opinion, i could be wrong! LOL

·
Murphy's Lawyer
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up marking the forks, dropping them below the first triple, sliding the old clipons off and the new ones on. Took 30 mins because I had to do it myself, but pretty simple since I had the triple lift pit bull stand.

Thanks...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just put helibars on my 07 using the drop the fork method .
It wasnt bad at all .
The first time you do something its slow but after that its a breeze . Proper stand required though . Luckily i had it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts