Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 1000rr. So I I was changing my front sprocket and needed to move the slave cylinder hose over a little. I loosened the nut and oil started coming out. The bike is on front and rear stands. I start the bike up and drop it first gear and the back the wheel just starts rolling forward with the clutch fully pulled in. Why is this happening?

·
BOTM Moderator
613 Posts
couple of things
I think these bikes with wet clutches will spin the rear if there's no pressure on the rear wheel, like being on the ground. what happens if you apply rear brake? will the wheel stop spinning or will the motor stall?

Most likely based on your description some air got into the clutch system. Bleed it out and push the air out.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
I have a 06 1000rr. So I I was changing my front sprocket and needed to move the slave cylinder hose over a little. I loosened the nut and oil started coming out. The bike is on front and rear stands. I start the bike up and drop it first gear and the back the wheel just starts rolling forward with the clutch fully pulled in. Why is this happening?
Welcome Alex! Seems a lot of recent members wt ‘06’s! Nice to see.

·
BOTM Moderator
613 Posts
Make sure your slave cylinder is seated properly and all bolts are torqued to spec.

Bleeding the clutch
  • there's a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. put a clear hose on it so you can see the fluid / bubble some out. The hose should be long enough to loop down toward the ground and be put in a bottle to collect.
  • in my case, the clutch reservoir likes to spit up fluid when the cap is open and lever is operated. So, fill the reservoir, put the cap or something on it to prevent brake fluid splatter around.
  • squeeze the lever, while squeezed, open the bleeder valve. you should see something come out. close the valve. slowly let the lever go.
  • repeat this until you don't see bubble coming out.

once this is done, you need to bleed a bit from the top. I can't recall if there's a bleeder valve at the master cylinder. If there is, use that. If there's not, loosen the banjo bolt.

put a bunch of rags and stuff under the master cylinder so prevent brake fluid dripping over other things.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts