Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using all four fingers on my clutch lever when shifting gears.

Read somewhere that at the Freddie Spencer school they ask students to use just two fingers. I'd never thought of it, and have not yet tried it. Will require me to adjust the lever position.

What do most people do?

·
Registered
334 Posts
2 fingers, hence short lever.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I dont clutch for upshift and usually only one finger for downshifts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
fist that bitch! ohh wait sorry different subject

anyhow two fingers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I usually use 4 when stopped at a light for a while and decide not to go into neutral. 2 fingers for any other time down or up shifting...but usually only clutch on the 1-2 & 2-3 shift. rest are clutchless. 1 finger on brake lever always. i want short levers pretty bad

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very interesting. Apparently there is no right or wrong way, or even a generally accepted way, to actuate the clutch.

I'll try two-fingering it for a while and see how it works for me.

When using 4 fingers I had adjusted the clutch lever to sit rather close the grip. I have short fingers so it made the reach easier.

With two fingers and that lever position, it pulls the lever right into my knuckles on fingers 3 and 4, so I will have to adjust the lever out a bit first.

Thanks for the input folks.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
With two fingers and that lever position, it pulls the lever right into my knuckles on fingers 3 and 4, so I will have to adjust the lever out a bit first.
Try some shortie levers also if you can. It eliminates the bashed knuckles.

·
Banned
3,914 Posts
Very interesting. Apparently there is no right or wrong way, or even a generally accepted way, to actuate the clutch.

I'll try two-fingering it for a while and see how it works for me.

When using 4 fingers I had adjusted the clutch lever to sit rather close the grip. I have short fingers so it made the reach easier.

Thanks for the input folks.
If someone else happenned tae come across this forum by mistake, they wid probably take the wrang idea oot of it, brill.

bucky :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
None, grind 'em till they fit :).

Two I think for myself... I think, because now that you have me thinking about it I can't be sure.... this is going to screw me up riding home tonight I just know it.

Two on the brake for sure though... unless it's an Oh crap moment.

ThatOneGuy

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.