Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ! I have an CBR1000rr 2014 just bought. After about 1 week testing i found a problem. When squeezing the clutch, sometimes there is a feeling just like the cable is breaking but it's okay and there is a noise like when shifting gears then. This problem often occurs when the engine is over 3000rpm, has anyone had this case? I gave the bike to other brothers to test drive but no one realized what the problem was. I really feel uncomfortable. Hope to hearing from everyone

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
327 Posts
I don't know what year the CBR got a slipper clutch but I think yours is before that so not noise from a slipper malfunction. At least the clutch is easy to access some the sidecase. After checking all the clutch actuators I would pull the clutch cover side case and inspect the clutch, it is easy and doesn't take much time to Know the clutch is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what year the CBR got a slipper clutch but I think yours is before that so not noise from a slipper malfunction. At least the clutch is easy to access some the sidecase. After checking all the clutch actuators I would pull the clutch cover side case and inspect the clutch, it is easy and doesn't take much time to Know the clutch is good.
I think the clutch still good. Max speed at first gear is 156 kph - about 97mph and not slip when i use quickshifter. I will recheck any thing that relate to the clutch but do you think if a gear box problem can be the cause of that noise ?

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
327 Posts
Noises are hard to determine from where they are created. A rubber tube in the ear and touched to parts of the engine can help to find the location, hard if it only happens when the bike is moving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts