Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there just changed chain and sprockets and done the nicky mod just coming to assemble and is there a certain way the clutch rod goes in ? It has a gold coloured end say 1/3 of bar then the rest bare metal just wndered if there was a way round for the bar. Seems to have 4 engraved rings on gold end and only one on the metal. Thanks everyone

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
if you pulled that rod out, you will have to pull the clutch cover off to get it seated right.

bad move....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you pulled that rod out, you will have to pull the clutch cover off to get it seated right.

bad move....
Oh no :th_down: I just followed the NICKY MOD DIY on the forum he pulls his right out but does not mention having to seat it up on reinstall just states do not pull the clutch lever its a 2006 . Also do you have to lube the rod in any way thanks

·
Fightin Phil's
4,359 Posts
Oh no :th_down: I just followed the NICKY MOD DIY on the forum he pulls his right out but does not mention having to seat it up on reinstall just states do not pull the clutch lever its a 2006 . Also do you have to lube the rod in any way thanks
You used the same link you did. What happens if the rod isn't seated right?

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
from my understanding, the rod actuates the clutch on the clutch side of the motor. if it isnt seated correctly, your clutch will not engage/disengage correctly. i have had more than a few guys tell me they did this and had to end up going the long way around to fix the issue.

i have always left my rod in the bike when pulling off the slave cylinder for this reason. if you can get it to seat correctly after pulling it out, then go for it.

wont hurt to lube it like you said then insert it back into the bike. see if your clutch works correctly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking and searching through manual manual worrying "Lexus rx " :th_SmlyROFL: Chapter 12-10 there is no mention it just says lube with engine oil and insert (does not say a way around) . But the rod does need to come out to get the sprocket cover off because it protrudes through the slave cylinder casing and they are a bitch anyways.

As you say lexus gonna get the gaskets today and my cover is all done so ill bang it on and hope for the best if not then i might as well stick a clutch in while im there cheers

Attachments

·
The Original Big Cat
50 Posts
I'm pretty sure that large gold tip goes toward the clutch slave side, and you wanna lube that bigger gold tip part!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
DO NOT bang on that rod!!! You will bend the tab on the clutch side really messing it up. Do not even push too damn hard. You do and the clutch side could have to come off with everything inside.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Original Big Cat
50 Posts
DO NOT bang on that rod!!! You will bend the tab on the clutch side really messing it up. Do not even push too damn hard. You do and the clutch side could have to come off with everything inside.

you defiantly do not want to bang on it LOL! any time i take it out for whatever reason i just make sure i don't touch the clutch lever and it just slides back into place with ease. just be sure it goes in the way it came out (short gold tip in first) pretty simple concept

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why was this revived! That was a valuable 45 seconds I do not think I'll be getting back! This happens a lot in here. Perhaps I should investigate before responding ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my present problem : (

After taking the rod out to change the front sprocket, it does´nt get all the way in when put back. When i put the slave cylinder back and against the rod (where it should fit in the little seat inside the slave cylinder house), it is approx. 5 mm gap left to push in the slave cylinder house.
On the picture below, it just shows the rod and the slave cylinder house to the left.

Motor vehicle Car Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design

·
SuperMod
722 Posts
check out this thread. see if it helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts