Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I have had my 06, 1000rr in my basement for about 14 months (it has not been started since being put away). Is it ok for me to just start the bike up, or should I add a some sort of upper cylinder lubricant?

I am worried that perhaps the long time without being started may have caused the piston rings to adhere to the cylinder wall.

Kind regards

JT

·
Registered
276 Posts
The rings will be fine. Just get the old gas out, add some fresh and you should be good to go.

Mine had sat for 36 months with fuel in it when I put it back together last summer. A few thousand miles later and it still starts and runs like a new bike.

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Among other things you could try cranking the engine over with the bar mounted stop/run switch in the stop position to pressurize and circulate the oil before starting the engine.

·
MAD SCIENTIST
561 Posts
Its best to drain fuel and run the rails dry before storage.
Running the engine on a pit stand while siphoning the fuel out and just let the engine stall. That way the injectors are purged of fuel and the remaining heat in the engine will evap any remaining fuel in the injectors.
Fuel will go way off in 12 months and gum up, you dont want that in your injectors.
You will have to bleed the air out of the rails when you go to restart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.