Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with the Tech there. They have the bike in the shop and are just about done with the development. The design is just like the 600RR, the plate mounts below the passenger pegs just over the back end of the rear hugger. It's on a spring-loaded pivot, and there is a roller that contacts the hugger so when the suspension compresses the plate folds up out of the way. There is a light on the left side that faces the plate. It requires no modification to the bike, it just bolts on. As a bonus they include some kind of metal covers for the heat shield because they thought it looked ugly when they removed the fender (Should be interesting). MSRP is $179.99.

They intend to have pictures online the middle of next week, and it should be available for purchase in two weeks.

Sounds like a decent set-up, but I think for the money I'll end up buying Larry's strap-on fender kit. Just thought I'd pass along the info I got for any of those interested.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kit was just released yesterday, so I doubt anyone has it yet. As far as aftermarket exhaust goes, it should work with any of them. I've seen how/where it mounts and it would work with any aftermarket exhaust I've seen so far, and anything I can imagine in the future.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get_dude said:
IronNutz said:
Sounds like a decent set-up, but I think for the money I'll end up buying Larry's strap-on fender kit. Just thought I'd pass along the info I got for any of those interested.

Hey where can I find Larry's fender kit?

Also do you know of any others for the CBR 1000?
E-mail Larry at [email protected], see pics of it on Thorn's bike here: http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=317&highlight=fender

Other companies: Jardine makes one, and http://www.ballmoto.com/Main.htm makes a cheap one.

I personally bought the kit from Larry. I like that it works with all pipes, is a very clean intall, it can be moved the whole length of the pipe wherever it looks good to you, it's inexpensive, and it supports a fellow member!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Back to the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

I just email them to ask where and what kind of signals they are including with this kit. I can't find them anywhere - can't even get a close picture to guess what they are (hopefully LED).

Will post when they reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.