Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a confirmed order? I've put $ down at two of my local dealers and got a call within a few days saying they did not receive any allotments of the bike. Am I out of luck?:cry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have followed this since reading other USA posts about your availability of this bike. I do have personal interest as I ordered one last November.

I am so surprised when I read of the USA situation. Your Honda 'Powersports' website promotes the bike as a 'limited edition' whereas in UK Honda claims in an email to me only yesterday, the following, to which I have requested further detailed information:
CAS-777361: Honda UK CRM:0558000139
Inboxx
HONDA UK Info
Mon, 10 Feb, 16:41 (15 hours ago)
to me
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

The Fireblade RR-R SP is not a limited edition.

Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Aleksandar Stoyanov
Honda Customer Service

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have followed this since reading other USA posts about your availability of this bike. I do have personal interest as I ordered one last November.

I am so surprised when I read of the USA situation. Your Honda 'Powersports' website promotes the bike as a 'limited edition' whereas in UK Honda claims in an email to me only yesterday, the following, to which I have requested further detailed information:
CAS-777361: Honda UK CRM:0558000139
Inboxx

HONDA UK Info
Mon, 10 Feb, 16:41 (15 hours ago)
to me
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

The Fireblade RR-R SP is not a limited edition.

Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Aleksandar Stoyanov
Honda Customer Service

·
Registered
65 Posts
I placed a deposit in December. Called the dealership in January asking for an update on any info they had. They said I was all set and the bike should be ready to pick up in July. I called back last week and told them I had read how hard this bike would be to get and they said not to worry and I was all set. Spoke to the dealership again and asked them to confirm with their Rep. They called me back and said it would now be November.... they hoped!! In conclusion, they never asked the Rep until I asked them too. Poor customer service... :-(

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts
I placed a deposit in December. Called the dealership in January asking for an update on any info they had. They said I was all set and the bike should be ready to pick up in July. I called back last week and told them I had read how hard this bike would be to get and they said not to worry and I was all set. Spoke to the dealership again and asked them to confirm with their Rep. They called me back and said it would now be November.... they hoped!! In conclusion, they never asked the Rep until I asked them too. Poor customer service... :-(
In November they'll know if they're taking delivery of a bike in June/July?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya. I'm waiting on one dealer to get back to me after getting an update from the Honda rep. The other says they are going to keep trying each time a new order window opens, but can't make any guarantees. If I'm lucky and do snag an order it'll be the Oct/Nov delivery window is what I'm told.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered mine from a local dealership and was told they will order it. Haven't heard anything since, one way or another.

Read the long 2021 SP thread and learned Powerhouse Dealers were offered one each. Called the closest powerhouse dealer, they said they were given "1 of 48" and it was still available. I placed my order and they sent some documentation with placeholder info and told me the tentative ship date is 17 JUL 2020.

One of the websites said the following:
January 2020 Update: 2021 CBR1000RR-R SP Price / MSRP – $28,500. This isn’t official yet, I heard from a “birdy”. Rumors point to production numbers for the 2021 CBR1000RR-R SP to come in around 50 units with three of them going to Honda and the remaining 47 will be retailed to customers. Update: It’s now official on the MSRP.
January 2020 Update Part 2: 2021 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Special One Time Order Opportunity Info Update:
  • Order period: January 20 – 24, 2020
  • Delivery dates for allocated orders: June – July, 2020
  • Delivery dates for non-allocated orders: October – November, 2020
Honda made sure to highlight the words “Extremely Limited Availability” on this CBR1000RR-R SP notice so good luck to those that are on the hunt for this masterpiece.
I think that's the "October/November" date you're getting, which makes me think it isn't guaranteed and is just them being hopeful that one won't be sold.

If, somehow, both places I placed a deposit with gets one -- I'll share the info here in case someone wants to grab it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I remain amazed and curious about the situation in USA. It seems so counter-productive for a company (producing no matter what product) to have tooled up for a totally new product and then restrict it in selected marketplaces. Some members will note I have been querying this with Honda UK, and their advice to me today is:
' . . . The American version has been marketed as limited and will be sold in limited units, while the UK version will be sold as normal. The difference is that the UK version will be available this spring, while the American version comes out in the summer. . .'

As a long time Honda enthusiast, I am saddened that my fellow enthusiasts seem to be experiencing undue stress and trauma to order a flagship product of a global company simply because they live in a place different to me. From my perspective, Honda has partly priced itself beyond some enthusiast's budgets, and this restriction of units will surely see others drop their money in favour of Yamaha R1M, Panigale V4S, and other top shelf rides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@JA-SP Thanks for the update and willingness to post if your two dealers happen to get get their hands on one. I'm going to contact the next closest Powerhouse dealers to me and just see what they have to say.

@nigelrb From one enthusiast to another, thank you for your comments and support. I've only ever owned Honda and and feel this is a poor customer experience they're artificially putting us through. I've not explored the idea of importing one from UK, but to your point, sort of getting turned off by the whole thing at this point. I'm sure there are more than 47 of us over where willing to spend the $$ on the bike. :unsure:🤣

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I remain amazed and curious about the situation in USA. It seems so counter-productive for a company (producing no matter what product) to have tooled up for a totally new product and then restrict it in selected marketplaces. Some members will note I have been querying this with Honda UK, and their advice to me today is:
' . . . The American version has been marketed as limited and will be sold in limited units, while the UK version will be sold as normal. The difference is that the UK version will be available this spring, while the American version comes out in the summer. . .'

As a long time Honda enthusiast, I am saddened that my fellow enthusiasts seem to be experiencing undue stress and trauma to order a flagship product of a global company simply because they live in a place different to me. From my perspective, Honda has partly priced itself beyond some enthusiast's budgets, and this restriction of units will surely see others drop their money in favour of Yamaha R1M, Panigale V4S, and other top shelf rides.
Nigel, as I have said before, American Honda does not care about selling sport bikes at all, and if they could, they would rather pull them out of the catalogue and continue selling off roaders, 4 wheelers and dual sport bikes.

This RR-R SP concession is just Honda throwing a bone at their almost non-existent sport bike clientele.

They (Honda) did not even bother reaching out to the SP2 owner community to even try secure pre-orders or expand the sales.

We have known for months now that the RR-R SP would be $32,000 incl tax, limited to low numbers - maybe as low as 48 (the number of Honda Powerhouse Dealerships) or my guess is that the bikes will arrive in November/December and they will actually have about 80 bikes - similar to what they did with the SP2. They said only 35, then revised to 48 then finally sold 80.

While the specs are impressive, the price is not. A fully optioned M Spec S1000RR is now $10,000 cheaper than the RR-R SP.

Even the "base" RR-R at $25,000 is goign to simply price itself out of the regular sport bike market - and the stupid idea that the anemic SC77 will be a hot seller alongside the SC82 is just Honda beign their normal arrogant self and parming off the marketing on the actual dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
From one enthusiast to another, thank you for your comments and support. I've only ever owned Honda and and feel this is a poor customer experience they're artificially putting us through. I've not explored the idea of importing one from UK, but to your point, sort of getting turned off by the whole thing at this point.
Cant be done legally. You will have a very hard time trying to bring a new non- US compliant bike into the US and it will be seized at time of import.

I'm sure there are more than 47 of us over where willing to spend the $$ on the bike. :unsure:🤣
Don't be too sure. They struggled to find 80 buyers for the $24,000 SP2 and that was even before we got the same idiotic treatment that you SC82 RR-R SP buyers are about to get.

Close out new SP2s had to be discounted to $20, $19 and even $18,000 to try sell. Current trade in value is $12,000 and dropping. Honda is no longer the premiere brand we grew up with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant be done legally. You will have a very hard time trying to bring a new non- US compliant bike into the US and it will be seized at time of import.
You're right there. It was just more a comment out of desperation. I've had a moment to calm down now. lol

Don't be too sure. They struggled to find 80 buyers for the $24,000 SP2 and that was even before we got the same idiotic treatment that you SC82 RR-R SP buyers are about to get.
Again - you're right. I suppose I shouldn't have thought this would be any different. Just a pro-Honda enthusiast speaking. I've followed your struggles with Honda on the boards, so you of all people would know. Appreciate all the feedback. Just makes me sad that the sport bikes don't receive much love from Honda these days.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Again - you're right. I suppose I shouldn't have thought this would be any different. Just a pro-Honda enthusiast speaking. I've followed your struggles with Honda on the boards, so you of all people would know. Appreciate all the feedback. Just makes me sad that the sport bikes don't receive much love from Honda these days.
Many of us SP2 folks thought we just caught Honda in a bad year and were not actually expecting the very same shit to be going down again for the SC82. That is the really sad part, this it seems that what we experienced is simply American Honda standard operating procedure now.

Its crazy that y'alls experience is beginning the very same way ours did. WTF American Honda, get your shit together FFS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If they produce/sell more than 48 of these, I'll honestly be pissed. I didn't put a deposit for one for the exclusivity, but for the price and power output, I better get it!

I'm wondering how many of these will be unsold when they're delivered. It sounds like some of the older SPs are still in stock.

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts
I'm wondering how many of these will be unsold when they're delivered. It sounds like some of the older SPs are still in stock.
The 2019 CBR1000RR SP is listed on American Honda's website so I'm certain they still have them for sale.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts