Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have it on VERY good authority from an American tester and professional racer at the Qatar launch event that the chassis is "very, very good" and that the restriction can be sorted with a simple flash :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have it on VERY good authority from an American tester and professional racer at the Qatar launch event that the chassis is "very, very good" and that the restriction can be sorted with a simple flash :)
From Woolich 3 days ago.

We have both USA and Europe ECU Files, and from a quick look I can see that the ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) in the USA files is being restricted. So it would be possible to copy the EU maps into the USA File, and flash that to your ECU, that would remove the ETV restriction for starters.
And when I asked to verify the 2017 CBR flashing pack would work...

Hi Joshua, we don't currently have the 2020-21 bike in the software but the ECU is with us to investigate. It is likely it will work with the same tools but we cannot say 100% until we dig deeper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm sure it'll be more fun that my 600. Similar weight but a lot more power. I'm sure the flash will be figured out eventually.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In general a new bike takes about a year to see a range of parts available from aftermarket suppliers. Ducati, on the other hand, has all the good stuff from day one :) but this is no Ducati...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm hoping I am wrong, but I don't expect as much support for this bike stateside. "48" isn't a big market. Guess I'll brush up on UK vendors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well keep in mind, NEXT year Honda will make this model a regular production model with a base and SP version. If the chassis is as good as I hear it is then people will spend the money to get something better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard from several sources already that US version will be HP restricted but there is nothing official Honda to this claim.

Will they ever confirm such a thing? Or do they keep issues like these vague on purpose?

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I've heard from several sources already that US version will be HP restricted but there is nothing official Honda to this claim.

Will they ever confirm such a thing? Or do they keep issues like these vague on purpose?
Honda have known for at least a month already that the power is 186bhp. The bike is already completed as designed - it had to be a while back to be submitted fro EPA type approval.

This power number has already been shared with all ordering dealers - along with price, weight, delivery charge etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In general a new bike takes about a year to see a range of parts available from aftermarket suppliers. . .
I'm hoping I am wrong, but I don't expect as much support for this bike stateside. "48" isn't a big market. Guess I'll brush up on UK vendors.
Yes, UK is already onto it!!

Evotech is one of our better aftermarket manufacturers, and in my opinion better than R & G, (I say that from experience of both products) and from my communications with them (Garry Twig) I am advised that rad guards, tail tidies, etc WILL be available upon release of the bike which is April in UK. Stateside, you'd have no probs accessing these parts, although I suspect you'd be hit with customs duties unless someone were able to send you a gift.;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, UK is already onto it!!

Evotech is one of our better aftermarket manufacturers, and in my opinion better than R & G, (I say that from experience of both products) and from my communications with them (Garry Twig) I am advised that rad guards, tail tidies, etc WILL be available upon release of the bike which is April in UK. Stateside, you'd have no probs accessing these parts, although I suspect you'd be hit with customs duties unless someone were able to send you a gift.;)

I've got some R & G stuff on my CBR600RR. I will check out Evotech. Bought some OEM stuff from UK for it that weren't available in USA and did have to pay some extra fee that I think was customs related.

Tail tidy is first on the list. Good to hear I can probably get one before taking delivery!

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts

American Honda doesn't publish horsepower numbers, however internal documents do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As contrast, here's the relevant page from the UK/Euro brochure. Apologies for the quality, it's scanned.

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts
This is so disappointing. I cancelled my order. If anyone wants my first spot inline at the DC are pm me.
One of the few times it sucks to be an American :mad:
I'm hoping we'll get the base model next year and someone will figure out how to efficiently get UK HP out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
To be fair the American Honda....

They are bragging about "RR-R SP having performance modeled after the RC213V-S"... but I think the American Honda morons forgot that the RC213V-S was the most nerfed bike Honda ever released in the USA... ever... with like 125rwhp from a V4 999cc that they purposefully made impossible to tune in any way shape or form LOL :D:rolleyes::poop:

(yes you could buy the HRC Powerup Kit but that is an entire other story - its just the HRC parts so of no use to the street bike at all)

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
21 - 40 of 74 Posts