Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, anyone think this pandemic is going to impact manufacturing or delivery? I'm stuck in quarantine at the dead sea. This country and the one I call "home" have both ended all commercial flights. Yawn.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So, anyone think this pandemic is going to impact manufacturing or delivery? . . .
Deliveries to UK are on schedule and I have seen a report that states Japan Honda is all go with most staff on. I don't think there'd be much Indian or Thai involvement in our bikes so we can feel safe that delivery will be honoured.

Sorry for your own personal predicament. I just can't imagine the helplessness feeling of having no control over your movements.:(

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I see VIN info is being submitted for US. States the expected 188hp. Does "sales area" = number being sold? If so, odd to only sell 50 of those tiny scooters. . .
Wouldn't it mean that the vehicles are available/sold across the whole 50 states?

·
Ghostrider
319 Posts
Disaster under the whole line ....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess this thread's going to stay dead for a while.

Can't get our bikes in UK because dealers closed. I think most of Honda UK admin is also closed (as non-essential work) so no movement until the lockdown is over. Fool me paid in full in mid-March hoping to gain leverage to get one of the first ones. Now, Honda's got my money AND my bike!!:rolleyes:

For you USA and Canada guys, all should be back to normal by your expected June/July delivery date.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
My Triple-R HRC Kit Parts List and Setup Manual is on the way. As soon as I get my grubby hands on it I will try get the parts ordered.

The plan is to build a Base Triple R SuperStock bike as soon as I can get hold of one in Japan or the UK. Then will convert it to SuperBike spec later.

Not interested in working with Honda USA any more - they burned me on the specs and support on my SP2 so I will do what ever I can to avoid them from now on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Triple-R HRC Kit Parts List and Setup Manual is on the way. As soon as I get my grubby hands on it I will try get the parts ordered.

I will be building a Base Triple R SuperStock bike as soon as I can get hold of one in Japan or the UK. Then will convert it to SuperBike spec later.

Not interested in working with Honda USA any more - they burned me on the price and support on my SP2.
Is that something you'll be able to share with the rest of us?

If not, where can I order one? What if I want to order some of the accessories? I asked the USA dealer and it doesn't seem like they're available to us.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Is that something you'll be able to share with the rest of us?

If not, where can I order one? What if I want to order some of the accessories? I asked the USA dealer and it doesn't seem like they're available to us.
Accessories your best bet is finding a friendly dealer in the UK
The HRC parts will have no application to the street bike at all and few of the components will be able to be used on their own.
Just as I shared certain info from the SC77 HRC Kit to assist track going SC77 folks I will do the same for the SC82 - but I wont be making copies and distributing them.
The HRC Parts list and parts are over the counter items from any HRC Service Center in Japan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
. . . The HRC parts will have no application to the street bike at all and few of the components will be able to be used on their own. . .
Yep. For me as a 'street-based' guy, I prefer to leave them original and save myself any potential dramas.

It has certainly been a learning exercise following posts of sprocket and tyre changes and the like over the past 3 years. It must surely be frustrating when such a 'perceived' simple change can so drastically affect the manner and operation of the bike. Sometimes electronics, in my experience, are not such a huge advance in technology - for the average road rider at least. Sure, there's merit in ABS and the like, but it can also bring with it its own probs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For general bolt on accessories, Honda Canada has them on their website with prices in CAD, the same kit that is on the UK website. After going on the RR-R page, click the link for calculating price, then go down to accessories and there is a drop down menu. I for one, can do without a $2000 CAD carbon belly pan.

Order from a Canadian dealer once it’s available, I’m sure you’ll do well with the USD/CAD exchange rate!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
As long the Canadian dealer will have access to inventory yes that's a good starting point.

·
Registered
114 Posts
. . . I for one, can do without a $2000 CAD carbon belly pan.
I can do without it also, not only for cost, but because I firmly believe that the painted standard pan (and airbox cover for that matter) look much better.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I can do without it also, not only for cost, but because I firmly believe that the painted standard pan (and airbox cover for that matter) look much better.
And aftermarket bodywork is already being promoted :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got word today that US shipping will be September/October. There is also availability, so there were probably a few cancellations.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts