Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to install a Full Akrapovic Header on my 2019 Honda CBR1000RR SP following the instructions and it seems my O2 sensor wire is a bit short. The OEM placement of the sensor is on the left hand side near the kickstand but the Akrapovic mid-pipe has the hole on the right side of the bike. Do I need to splice and extend the wiring? This is unexpected. How do you wire yours?

·
Registered
193 Posts
How did you tune the bike? Running an after market exhaust like that, typically the o2 is disabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean? I haven't tuned the bike yet. I'm still trying to put everything together and the place for the O2 sensor is in a different location. There's a hole on the aftermarket pipe for that O2 sensor to seat but the wiring is too short to reach.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It’s probably the wrong size too. Most aftermarket exhausts have the standard size o2 bung but honda uses a 12mm o2 sensor

·
Registered
193 Posts
I looked closer at your pics and see that there is a reducer in there. You could cut and splice the wires to lengthen then… but I would hold off and see what the tuner wants to do. Like I said most just disable the o2 sensor

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for linking the post. I just realized I bolted the junction pipe on the wrong side. I will try to re-route. I didn't think it was possible.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mite have to try a different route. From the other pics his line goes above exhaust hanger.

If that fails, I think there are extension leads or longer leads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got it to fit and this is how I do it.

1) Unscrew the frame cover on the left
2) Locate the plug for the O2 sensor. Disconnect both the mounting clip for the plug and the plug itself.
3) Screw in the O2 sensor at the mid-pipe
4) Route the cable per Akrapovic instruction
5) Next route the O2 sensor line and clip it in place with the other line as shown by the flat head screw driver.

6) Next, route it along the same path as the radiator hose. You can gently lift the plastic cover and tuck the cable inside.
7) Unscrew the "gas vapor" (I think) cover. It's held in place by 2 allen bolts and a push pin on the right.
8) Route the line as shown. The O2 sensor line is the white line at the connector end.

9) (Optional) If you want to secure the connector, unplug the other plug next to the O2 sensor where you've disconnected from step 2 and swap their places.
10) Put everything back in reverse, take a step back and admire your work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts