Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if they have closed temporarily due to Covid19 or if they are gone for good. Their web site is now just a blank page and the email address I got off Facebook bounces.

Convertibars

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
are you looking for a good set of adjustable riser bars or need something specific from convertibars?

Reason I ask is if you are looking for a set of fully adjustable riser bars I would HIGHLY recommend APEX riser bars.
Have the 4" riser bars on my 2015 1krr and couldn't be more happy with them. More adjustment than any other available I could find. Excellent build and anodizing quality Also great customer service and really friendly and knowledgeable guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you just made my day. I finally gave up and ordered from Apex. But, I am always concerned about the small manufacturers out there and was trying to follow up to see if they were surviving.

But, while I have you here, how did you handle the longer throttle, brake, and clutch lines / cable ?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The stock length throttle cable still works fine due to the routing but I have an aftermarket throttle so it may be different with the stock set up but I'm assuming you will be ok
I replaced the front lines with stainless lines from core moto and had to get a longer length. I can't remember the exact amount longer (believe it was 2 inches) I ordered but can look it up for you if you need. I also have a Brembo master so again it may be different than stock
Clutch cable I also ordered longer from Venhill. I also have an aftermarket clutch perch and lever so again it may be different
If pictures of my set up and routing will help I will gladly post some or if you need any additional info just let me know. It takes a little trial and error to get everything worked out but worth it in the end for sure
I can also tell you that I ordered the 4 inch risers and due to the bars hitting the front fairing you won't be able to use full height. The 3 inch risers would have been more than enough

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is all very helpful. Thank you. I ordered the 1" - 3" rise so that part is good. I have Galfer working on the brake lines. Being ABS seemed to be extra problematic for most brake line vendors. I had not hear of Venhill so will look to them for the clutch cable if needed and if they are open. Motionpro is completely shut down. They monitor their email and have been superb to communicate with but nothing is shipping.

Very much appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
  1. Venhill is the only clutch cable I could find made longer for our bikes unless you custom order one and it will be over $100. I contacted all the cable manufacturers including motion pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts