Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure about the effex of an Airbox at a CBR 1000,at least what I know from RC30/45/51 there have been big gains regarding Nm/hp and weigt saving.Some friends of mine will mount a CBR-Airbox very soon and some of them will move to the dyno. I'll post the diagrams here when they've got the dyno-sheet.

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
IronNutz said:
BTW, If he could make that exhaust for the 1000RR, I would be all over it...
Like a swarm of bees! Like stink in an Adam Sandler movie! Like ugly on a Baldwin brother!! (okay, maybe I've listened to Roy Damn Mercer a bit too much)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very successful testride yesterday . We've mounted the veryfirst Airbox at the CBR and the Owner went on road for half an hour . No PC3 or something like that. The subjective report was:
- no dips through whole rpm range
- much better throttle response
- engine revs faster up
- more pressure through whole rpm-range,especially from 6k up
- not much louder Airbox sound compared to stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey.... thanks for the Q :
I've got 2 hands,10 fingers and 24hrs a day has got.The Problem is that new Idea's are coming faster than I can develope/finish them. So i.E. the CBR really needs a Carbon subframe/Tailsection Combo maybe with integrated Battery-Bracket and nice smart made Canister not showing out of the Tailsection like the ass of a pavian..... this combo in the End could save up to 15-20 pounds.

I want to revive/reassemble my RC30.....but I mentally are unable to put it together as it has been before........really want to put an Injection w/Motec on, the Fultank is ~1" too long..so I think about either to shorten the OEM Fueltank or to develope a Dummy/Tank-Assy aslike what I've done with RC51.

And of course the Duc.....fairing lower is done,but fairing upper will take approx 100 hrs to get it really finished,but then the Fueltank-dummy design w/Airbox,Carbon Subframe,Tailsection is waiting for me.......... . I'm much more afraid of this drudgery then to tune up the Engine and to install the parts I either have bought or made myself and comparad to the fairings modelwork It'll be easy-going to develope/programm the whole Motec Injection Management .......... .

Well,itisatitis .
Let's see.
And wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.