Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell if the crank recall has been performed on the bike or not?

My 2008 runs perfect with no oil burning or crank noise but just want to know if there is a way to identify if the recall was performed. I am the 3rd owner.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
There was no crank recall, just an extended warranty on it. I'm the original owner of an '08 and the only recalls on that model year were for a hose clamp and clutch basket.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
FWIW- I learned about this the hard way. After a couple hundred dollars and time trying to solve a problem I learned that my bike was subject to recall on the part that I was addressing. Honda ended up replacing it at their cost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am the third owner and the bike is in like new condition...both owners took really good care of it so I am sure the recalls were performed on this bike (checking the VIN confirms this). I believe that the white paint on the clutch lever by the case also means the crankshaft recall has been performed as well.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
I am the third owner and the bike is in like new condition...both owners took really good care of it so I am sure the recalls were performed on this bike (checking the VIN confirms this). I believe that the white paint on the clutch lever by the case also means the crankshaft recall has been here will performed as well.
No recall for the crank. If it was fixed under the extended warranty that Honda issued there will be a punch mark on the clutch lift lever on the engine case.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked. I do have punch marks on the neck by the VIN. One is bigger than another but there are punch marks.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I believe that the white paint on the clutch lever by the case also means the crankshaft recall has been performed as well.
As I previously mentioned, there was NO recall on the crank, just an extended warranty. Two punch marks (one on each end) next to the stamped VIN on the frame indicates that the hose clamp and clutch basket recalls have been performed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok let me correct myself...sorry....I believe that the white paint on the clutch lever by the case means the crankshaft has been serviced and replaced by what I am reading on the web.

Yup...correct...I have two punch marks on each end...so that makes me relieved that both recalls have been done on my bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts