Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got an 07 cbr1000rr was riding the other day it started to sputter and hesitate when accelerating was at a stop sign and it stalled out and would not start back up replaced the fuel pump and it still will not fire over. The new pump is priming there is fuel going to both rails ive checked compression and spark plugs already im at a loss of what it could be

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000RR Turbo, 2002 CBR 954RR
39 Posts
Could be a crank or cam sensor. Check for spark. Smell pipe for gas. If your get neither then the ecu isn't getting the info it needs to start. You should check for error codes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Stator is also a possibility. Mine stalled all of sudden at a light and wouldn't fire . I checked stator and it was fried . Replaced stator and never and issue. Take the cover off and physically look at the stator for burn and fire marks ( melting). Too many people don't know how to properly test the stator with a volt meter and get false readings and assume the stator is good. Double check the side stand switch as the spring could have wiggled off or broke when getting out of ur driveway or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stator is also a possibility. Mine stalled all of sudden at a light and wouldn't fire . I checked stator and it was fried . Replaced stator and never and issue. Take the cover off and physically look at the stator for burn and fire marks ( melting). Too many people don't know how to properly test the stator with a volt meter and get false readings and assume the stator is good. Double check the side stand switch as the spring could have wiggled off or broke when getting out of ur driveway or something.
I’ve already replaced the stator and fuel pump

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000RR Turbo, 2002 CBR 954RR
39 Posts
So you've got compression, spark, and fuel(50 psi hope). The only other things to check is if you have correct timing, fuel quantity, and idle air. I would still check for old error codes.

Error code check procedure. Check for injector or cam/crank sensor related codes.

Remove any tuner if installed to rule it out. Have someone flow test your injectors if you can. Check all vacuum tubes going to the map sensor.

Check for spark timing with a timing light.

Pull the tank off and check the idle air circuit mechanism. Make sure all plunger screws/nuts are there. Remove air filter box and check that every idle air plunger/valve is open about the same amount. Check the idle screw, shaft screws, and cold idle mechanism lever and make sure the screw that holds those plates to the shaft haven't fallen out.

·
SuperMod
769 Posts
Good thought about checking the timing.
What could cause the timing to all off a sudden be off? Could the cam chain had broken off.
In the first explanation, he says the bike was running and just died. I've heard of cars doing this if the timing belt slips or brakes. Not sure how this would happen on a bike without a lot of metal clunking and clattering around.

Cam position sensor having gone bad? @TurboDave mentioned this earlier. this seems the most likely cause.
Check connectors and wiring harness to the major sensors like CAM.

Another question for @krissnyder80 , Did you check all 4 cylinders? They all have spark?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts