Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all! I’m still pretty new to the form. But I am building a 2012 cbr1000rr. I just got my cylinder head and cylinders back from the shop. They cleaned the cylinder head and adjusted the valves clearances. For the cylinders (jugs) they “cleaned it” and “decked” it. I don’t care how you clean. Or how you deck cylinders. But it’s not like this. It looks like they used a belt sander!!!! I’m so pissed. Am I I’m big trouble? I think imma go back and tell them to buy me a new cylinder head. Because that is ridiculous.
Hair Human body Wood Textile Gesture

White Black Road surface Asphalt Wood

Hair Hand Sleeve Eyelash Grey

Hair Hand Sleeve Eyelash Grey

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, it’s less about the edges of the water jacket holes. And more about how it looks so rough and like it wont seal at all! I was expecting a smooth surface. Will that surface seal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just sent both the cylinder head and head to our machine shop that specializes in high-performance custom builds. They are going to inspect the cylinder head and make sure that they did the valves right. and they are going to check to see if I can fix what the other company did and if not I’m going back to that company to ask for a new cylinder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts