Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have problems with it rubbing/scratching up against the back of the tailsection? i installed 2 washers on the 2 back screws between the baseplate and the cowl, and it still touches occasionally. i think i'm going to install the remaining 2 washers and/or try some 3M tape or something back there. annoying...

·
Registered
688 Posts
jase11 said:
Yes I have the same rubing on my tail. But I also had the same thing happen on my GSXR.
yup same here I also noticed the same on my ZX7-r

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had it too, but fixed it. If you loosen the four screws inside the cowl, then pull the internal part toward the back of the cowl while you tighten them, it will make it sit toward the front more. It's hard to explain, I wish I could show you. Basically, you want the black plastic part to sit further back, and the outer shell to sit more toward the front. Therefore, tightening the screws while pulling the black part toward teh back, will make the outer shell sit more forward. Does that makes sense to anyone?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Red Ryder said:
I had it too, but fixed it. If you loosen the four screws inside the cowl, then pull the internal part toward the back of the cowl while you tighten them, it will make it sit toward the front more. It's hard to explain, I wish I could show you. Basically, you want the black plastic part to sit further back, and the outer shell to sit more toward the front. Therefore, tightening the screws while pulling the black part toward teh back, will make the outer shell sit more forward. Does that makes sense to anyone?
I did that with mine before I even bothered with adding washers. I was hoping that alone would take care of it (Laziness).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.