Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure... lemme get back to you on that

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are these? they look like strap-ons (hey, not that kind!), that fit over top the stock seat, and secure underneath via the straps? You bought one? Does it work good? Soft and comfy on the ol' behind? How about performance? Does it slide around on the stock seat? What size is good for the 1000RR? Also, how did you replace the foam in the stock seat? As far as I can recall, the vinyl (?) cover is stapled to the plastic part, correct? how did you remove/reattach it?

forgive my stupidity, I haven't taken off my seat very much... :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
I haven't got it yet. I am just getting the raw gel on the bottom of the page, not the strap-on. I am going to replace the stock foam. I emailed the company and asked if they can cut me a custom size. I just emailed it after I read this post. Waiting for a reply. You can remove your seat cover by just taking out the staples then restapling it back on.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool... ideally for me, I would like something that is removable (ie. a strap-on cover, or seperate seat altogether), to be temporarily used only for those 100+ mile days... otherwise, I would like to retain the stock seat height... I'm only 5'6", so I don't want any extra padding under my butt when I'm stopping at red lights in town

:evil:

thanks for the info and the link...

·
Registered
30 Posts
IronNutz said:
There is a custom interior place in town here that I plan on having make me a nice seat as soon as I figure out if I'm painting my bike or not. Definitely needs to be softer...
what are you thinking of painting it? I want to possibly do a r/b/w scheme when i finally get my 1k. Have u gotten a quote?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I actually like the seat. I think it allows you to move around easier than the cushy seats that you kinda sink into, and the cushy seats like the suzuki and eventhe ZX10 feel like they should be on a cruiser.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sub said:
I actually like the seat. I think it allows you to move around easier than the cushy seats that you kinda sink into, and the cushy seats like the suzuki and eventhe ZX10 feel like they should be on a cruiser.
Yeah, the stock seat is great for the track, but for daily rider, it needs to be softer IMO.

·
Registered
425 Posts
IronNutz said:
Sub said:
Yeah, the stock seat is great for the track, but for daily rider, it needs to be softer IMO.
Your should try out the seat on my bicycle for 200 miles a week like I regularly do :shock: . The seat on the 1000rr feels like a lazyboy in comparison. Are you saying you don't drag you knee on the way to work like I do :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked up mine today and 105 miles later I get to go to sleep still thinking about my new bike because my sore ass is keeping me awake.

My local shop has the gel seats that just go over the existing seat. I will look into them and try out the different sizes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just got home from a nice little ride....I live in central Ohio and I just rode to my cousin's and back, who lives up at Lake Erie. I took all back routes which were nice and curvy, but MAN....the back of my upper thigh going right up to my a$$ is killing me...lol!!! Surprisingly, my hands and wrists feel fine. So...just like the title of the thread.....this seat IS hard!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
its not horrible

I can easily ride an hour - hour and a half if I switch seating positions. Any word from Sargent or Corbin yet? Can't wait to get that backrest..

..just kidding. :wink:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.