Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any experience with Dano's ECU reflash?

Seems to be a much better option in my opinion than a PC...I much prefer to run factory ECU controls over a secondary setup.

I won't be running a QS, I am an analog guy.

My bike wouldn't change once I get the pipes and air filter setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did it, just got it back a few weeks ago and did Autobahn track day yesterday which was my first full day flogging it around since the flash. It just runs better in general, especially the pull coming out of the sharp right/left hand turns in 2nd gear where you don't have the lag in throttle response. I have a taylormade exhaust and stock air filter so he put in a custom map based on that. He said I would be at 95% which is perfectly fine with me....the other 5% coming from a dyno tune which I don't need to do. We upped the idle speed IN GEAR only to 1,800 which helps on the engine braking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear. I will be running more than likely a Leo EVO II with BCM Race Filter. How does increased idle speed to 1800 help with engine braking?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Basicly its like holding the throttle open a little bit while you're braking/slowing. Its an "in gear idle", not "in neutral idle". It also helps when getting back on the throttle while tracking the bike. Kind of eliminates the abrupt getting back on the throttle thing. Pretty handy while dragging a knee.

·
Registered
52 Posts
While you're going through the trouble of pulling everything apart to change the filter, look into adding a HealTech quickshifter. I added one of those a few months back and by far the coolest little add on and useful on the track like Road America with long straights. More than anything, just fun! Of all the parts I replaced out of boredom, brake lines, exhaust, the ECU flash, the quickshifter is the best at $320.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Think of a quickshifter as a second off your best laptime. A must for a track/race bike. There is a reason why it now comes stock on new bikes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was told it cannot be used to downshift on our bikes since we don't have Fly By Wire- our bikes still use mechanical wire in the throttle to open the throttle/ injectors versus electronic controlled. Just not an option at the moment....

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was told it cannot be used to downshift on our bikes since we don't have Fly By Wire- our bikes still use mechanical wire in the throttle to open the throttle/ injectors versus electronic controlled. Just not an option at the moment....
I too was told the same thing. I got the annitori qs for mine, it does infact downshift as well with throttle on. Keep in mind, the annitori kills the coils, not ignition or fuel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the quickshifter will not perform the downshift. i have a bazzaz quickshifter on my 14 1000RR. it is a must have to compete with the brand new bikes that have them from the factory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
danos performance. i have a 14 cbr1000rr and i want and ecu flash. tell me about your ecu flash.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Flashing your ECU will remove the factory restrictions including the ignition timing restrictions which will unleash as much as 13 horsepower form your stock engine.ECU flashing offers many more features then a piggyback system such as a power Commander and costs a lot less.Here is a list of features available with our ECU Flash Service:

Optimize fuel curves across all gear ( same as a Power Commander)

Optimize ignition curves across all gears (remove RPM & throttle based ignition restrictions)

Raise RPM limiter

Adjust idle speed

Adjust in gear idle speed

Disable pair valve

Disable steering damper

Disable O2 sensor

Disable exhaust valve

Reset radiator fan turn on/off temperature (205 / 195 )
Here is a link to our website: http://www.danosperformance.com/Honda ECU Flash.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sounds awesome Danos. Another question. I have a PC5 on my bike now. Do I need to remove it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Since we will be downloading a fuel map to match your exhaust and air filter combination you will need to zero the fuel table on the Power Commander if you decide to keep in installed otherwise your air fuel ratio will be to rich.Our ECU Flash tune will put you in the 96 plus percent range as far as the air fuel ratio so if you want you can fine tune it with your Power Commander.For 99 percent of street riders our ECU Flash Tune is really all that is needed so adding a secondary fuel controller is not really necessary. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Danos so your saying I leave my PC5 on the bike with your ecu flash? When you say zero out the fuel tables, does that mean like remove all maps from the power commander?

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you want to keep your Power Commander installed on your bike you will need to set the fuel table in your PC5 to all zeros.Another option would be to remove your PC5 and run your bike with just your flashed ecu.If you want to compare the two configurations I would suggest you have your ecu flashed then remove your PC5 and run the bike with just the flashed ecu.I promise you from your very first ride you will notice that your bike accelerates much harder and has much better throttle response.At that point you may choose to just sell the PC5. Thanks Dan

1 - 20 of 86 Posts