Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok. one last question. with my pc5 the o2 sensor is unplugged. does the o2 sensor need to be plugged in with your flashed ecu?

·
Registered
25 Posts
the only reason I ask is because the pc5 is a pain to remove.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The main function of the O2 sensor is to improve fuel economy.For that reason Dynojet recommends you remove it to improve power output.We recommend removing it if you are interested in increasing the power output and not so concerned with fuel economy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can the quickshifter be used to downshift as well as upshift?
No just an upshift.

Flash is the truth get it so that the fan turns on at 185 and you'll never have to worry about over hearing problems ?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Flashing your ECU will remove the factory restrictions including the ignition timing restrictions which will unleash as much as 13 horsepower form your stock engine.ECU flashing offers many more features then a piggyback system such as a power Commander and costs a lot less.Here is a list of features available with our ECU Flash Service:

Optimize fuel curves across all gear ( same as a Power Commander)

Optimize ignition curves across all gears (remove RPM & throttle based ignition restrictions)

Raise RPM limiter

Adjust idle speed

Adjust in gear idle speed

Disable pair valve

Disable steering damper

Disable O2 sensor

Disable exhaust valve

Reset radiator fan turn on/off temperature (205 / 195 )
Here is a link to our website: http://www.danosperformance.com/Honda ECU Flash.htm

@Danos Performance- I'm looking at flashing as an option. Can your flash tune all injectors individually or is this an across the board AFR map change?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
That's nice, except there are 8 injectors. The secondary comes alive @ 5,500+

·
Registered
28 Posts
The main function of the O2 sensor is to improve fuel economy.For that reason Dynojet recommends you remove it to improve power output.We recommend removing it if you are interested in increasing the power output and not so concerned with fuel economy.
I realize fuel economy is directly related to how heavy handed the rider is, but is there a rough estimate of how much the fuel economy decreases with the removal of the O2 sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
I realize fuel economy is directly related to how heavy handed the rider is, but is there a rough estimate of how much the fuel economy decreases with the removal of the O2 sensor?
My F4i with PC3 didn't seem to care about my right wrist.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
This statement makes my head hurt. Power output and fuel economy are different sides of the same coin. If riding behavior doesn't change I don't see how any tune that increases power will hurt fuel economy (unless you are running rich on purpose for cooling).

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Best Power is slightly rich of peak stociometric mixture.

I suspect that Dynojet programmers took the lazy way out which means it will not correct for maintenance issues like ignition or spark plug degradation.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The ecu monitors the throttle position and when it sees that your holding the throttle steady it switches into close loop and reads the O2 sensor output and leans out the fuel mixture to achieve better gas mileage.The moment the ecu sees you move the throttle it switches back to open loop and disregards the O 2 senor.Keeping the O2 sensor on your street bike will help you get 1-2 more miles per gallon. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The ecu monitors the throttle position and when it sees that your holding the throttle steady it switches into close loop and reads the O2 sensor output and leans out the fuel mixture to achieve better gas mileage.The moment the ecu sees you move the throttle it switches back to open loop and disregards the O 2 senor.Keeping the O2 sensor on your street bike will help you get 1-2 more miles per gallon. Thanks Dan
So remove the O2 sensor to get more power while riding at a constant speed? Seems like a waste of time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For people who say use there bike to commute to work everyday they might want to keep the O2 sensor so they can get the best gas mileage and save some money on fuel cost. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
For people who say use there bike to commute to work everyday they might want to keep the O2 sensor so they can get the best gas mileage and save some money on fuel cost. Thanks Dan
Right, but who rides at a constant speed on the track? If the O2 sensor is ignored when you are manipulating the throttle, removing the O2 sensor should have no real effect for a track rider. There seems to be no reason to actually remove it from a performance perspective.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Interesting that Woolich says their kit is for 2017-2018 bikes. This means they either have insider knowledge that the '18 will be unchanged or they are taking the risk that they won't need to change the website.

or

I'm late about the announcement from Honda that the '18 is in-fact unchanged. I wonder how Guy Martin feels about that.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts