·
Registered
212 Posts
I sent mine in for my ‘17. Should have it back this weekend. I will report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just got mine back today. Pretty noticeable difference in how it rides and pulls. Way worth it..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not quite sure of what you are asking but I have a ‘17 cbr1000rr and I sent the ecu into danos performance

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not yet, unless I pop a wideband O2 sensor into the exhaust to monitor AFR it really doesn't make any sense. There are zero performance gains by doing it..

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is post combustion. It helps burn what ever fuel is left in the exhaust stream. It does not cause the bike to run lean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
According to Dano in his thread "The Pair valve system leans out the air fuel ratio so it needs to be disable one way or another"
It can be done in the software to permanently close the pair valve. I bet it was done in your tune...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
According to Dano in his thread "The Pair valve system leans out the air fuel ratio so it needs to be disable one way or another"
It can be done in the software to permanently close the pair valve. I bet it was done in your tune...
It puts air into the exhaust system upstream of the O2 sensor, so yeah, it will cause the O2 sensor to report an inaccurate a/f ratio, not really really an issue wrt how the ECU responds to a shitty narrow band sensor, but if you are trying tune your engine then you would want the measured a/f to reflect the actual byproducts of the combustion process.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So what is the verdict between the Guhl flash and the Dano flash? Or no big difference, just use the one closest to where you live?

I'm thinking Guhl is more of a race oriented flash, or more for the SP1?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I do not race at all so I can’t speak to that however Dan’s flash for the street is phenomenal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone out there had a flash done to their 2017 CBR by Danos? if so I would like to hear about it.
Yep...had mine done in February. Had the following options:
Unify/optimize fuel maps
Unify/optimize ignition maps
Disable exhaust valve
Set fan temp 205/195
Remove top speed limiter
Disable fuel cut on deceleration
Raise RPM limiter +200 to 14,000 RPM
Remove Throttle plate restrictions

Dan was fine to work with. Although it took about 2 weeks to get my ECU back since he had to send it to a 2nd party to read the ECU since it was only like the 4/5th 2017 model that was done and I believe their software wouldn't recognize my ECU. Evidently there are various versions out there.
As far as the tune, the bike is definitely louder at idle, and I'll assume under full throttle. The bike feels like it pulls stronger across the entire RPM band. However, I do notice a slight hesitation at times when the secondary injectors come on (around 5500-7000), but mostly when I'm at least 1 or 2 gears higher than I should be and under load (granny gearing it). I'm not sure that can be tuned/smoothed out or not, Nor am I aware if anyone else has noticed this. I've not contacted Dan re this as I'm still evaluating the tune. I've put about 800 miles on the bike with the tune.
Now for the controversial "marble mod". I initially did the mod in the airbox with a rubber grommet vs under the airbox in the rubber tube, but after about 500 miles, removed the mod. The only noticeable difference was the popping in the exhaust under decel is very much more pronounced and louder. Actually sounds ok to me...I wear ear plugs when I ride, and noticed it immediately after I did the mod.
Of note: Honda actually recommends inserting plugs in the hose/s according to the HRC manual and as pointed out by RC45 in the "marble mod" thread I started.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I do not currently have an mods. I am 97% stock.. (removed cat)

In anticipation of doing some exhaust mods I had Dan disable:

O2
Pair Valve
Remove throttle restrictions
remove top speed limiter
lower fan temps.

I had a very quick turnaround. I am on the east coast and send my ECU to Dan on Monday he had it Wednesday. Flashed and I had it back on Saturday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sent mine out for my 17 sp and he got it yesterday. I'm also out on the east coast and hoping for a quick turn around.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts