Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do not currently have an mods. I am 97% stock.. (removed cat)

In anticipation of doing some exhaust mods I had Dan disable:

O2
Pair Valve
Remove throttle restrictions
remove top speed limiter
lower fan temps.

I had a very quick turnaround. I am on the east coast and send my ECU to Dan on Monday he had it Wednesday. Flashed and I had it back on Saturday.
How did you remove the cat and keep the stock exhaust? And why?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sent my ecu out Monday, Dan got it late Wed and called to go over what I wanted and the mods I had. (Akra slip on only) Got it back Sat and installed. Just got back from my weekly Sunday ride and all I can say is Wow! Definitely woke the bike up across the whole rev range, no flat spots noticed. Feels as strong as my s1000rr. This bike now is alot more fun to ride as I think it's only weakness was it's down on power compared to the other liter bikes in the class, well not anymore!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sent my ecu out Monday, Dan got it late Wed and called to go over what I wanted and the mods I had. (Akra slip on only) Got it back Sat and installed. Just got back from my weekly Sunday ride and all I can say is Wow! Definitely woke the bike up across the whole rev range, no flat spots noticed. Feels as strong as my s1000rr. This bike now is alot more fun to ride as I think it's only weakness was it's down on power compared to the other liter bikes in the class, well not anymore!
Reviving this old thread, but your post has be so excited! I'm getting ready to send mine once i hit my 600 mile oil change.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did taking off the stock exhaust flap take some of the low end power away?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts