Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Darius is a pro stunter. I've seen a few of his vid clips over at stuntlife.com
I believe that was in Australia and the first time he ever stunted a 1000rr. While doing a 'stoppie' at the show he wrecks and gets a few bumps and scrapes. He reported the 1000rr is NOT a good stunting bike. :wink:

mez

·
Registered
628 Posts
mezcal said:
Darius is a pro stunter. I've seen a few of his vid clips over at stuntlife.com
I believe that was in Australia and the first time he ever stunted a 1000rr. While doing a 'stoppie' at the show he wrecks and gets a few bumps and scrapes. He reported the 1000rr is NOT a good stunting bike. :wink:

mez
THANK YOU!!!!! Like I said use the 1000rr for what it is meant to be ridden.

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
rctavo said:
THANK YOU!!!!! Like I said use the 1000rr for what it is meant to be ridden.
How about some of you make out a nice handy list we can carry around of all the bikes that are designed for stunting. That way I can tell all the guys around here who stunt thier bikes whether or not they have the right one.

I bet there are a lot of the SBF guys who are on the wrong bikes, and don't even know it! Imagine how excited they would be if I were to help them out with such a grave mistake!

I am not into stunting at all, really. Just not my thing. But let us all just ride our own ride. Why not stunt the new RR? Is Honda not good enough for that type of thing?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I am not one for stunting either, although I do enjoy watching the sport. After Darius' wreck, he attibuted it to not being familiar with the bike and besides a new sprocket and chain it having a totally stock setup. Some of the minuses he gave the bike for stunting were the long swingarm, hydraulic clutch, and overly responsive throttle (Fi). I'm sure after the bike sees a bit more market saturation we'll see more stunters on the 1000rr. All the minuses listed above could easily be solved or gotten used to.

mez

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
mezcal said:
rm -rf /bin/laden
Uh oh, Unix humor. Geek alert!!! :wink:

FWIW, Darius also says, "it's a bit heavy so it's not the greatest bike for slow stuff like circles, but it's a great streetbike for sure, the bike feels so stable and is the best I have rode for doing long stoppies."

He's selling one here: http://www.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/32674507.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.