Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Dealer Invoice Report For 2004 CBR1000RR

6K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  jimb 
#1 ·
One of the guys over at .com got this from www.cyclecost.com and posted it. What a nice guy. :)

Dealer Invoice Report
2004 CBR 1000RR

List Price: $10999

Dealer Invoice: $9479
This base dealer cost includes freight to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $TBA similar models are $34 per Honda dealer pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $9513

This model Honda motorcycle has 5% (of MSRP) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in April or October for units that are sold to U.S. residents within the previous 6 months. Dealers must pay Honda the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait 1 to 6 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none for this model.

Retail Incentives: none for this model.

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine sitting on the showroom floor with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

See less See more
#2 ·
2 of my fav norcal dealers are otd in the 10.9 range. i can live with that :D

just for fun and mostly for the convenience of it being a closer shop, i went to concord and sat on a sweet black one. got the typical, "do you need any help?" sort of inquiry from one of the floor guys.

I didn't need any help -- actually just wanted to sit on her and drool a little, while i tried to decide on my next bike purchase -- but i asked what the OTD was?

"12.9 otd" was their reply.
i couldn't believe it?!?!
do i look like a sucker?
is he a complete ass?

maybe both but it was hard not to feel insulted. trivial to waste the emotions, i know, but puleeeeeeze "12.9" :roll:

#9 ·
Drove up to Mississippi from Florida, Lake Hill Motors, $9970 that's including a $470, 3 yr warranty....bike was $9500. Did not charge fees and/or charges and did not collect taxes, I paid them in my home state.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.