Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
that's not bad for a bike that hasn't even been released yet...

$10995 retail
$769.65 tax
$200 shipping/prep +/-
$50 tag & title +/-
---------
seat of the pants math says you're saving around $400-$425 on a brand new bike that will be in demand.

not a bad deal, but there will always be someone who finds a better deal.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE: best price

Chicago Cycle Center (does a huge volume of bikes, but 3 hours away) quoted me $10,300 (plus Tax, Title, & Lic.). I told a couple local dealerships I already had a quote from someone for $10,300--one wouldn't budge from MSRP (+ freight & setup, + TTL), the other matched $10,300 + TTL. I then called my regular dealership & said I had two other quotes of $10,300 & they agreed to match it too.

Plus, I'm the first to put money down at my local dealership, so I get the first bike they get (the only one alloted to them in April), and I got to choose the color.

I've seen a few people on other forums get it for even less (one as low as $9600 + TTL), but not sure if they have to wait until May or June to get theirs, or whether or not they went to a "large volume" dealership (care more about #'s than customers) or a local dealership. I think one guy was paying $10,000 +TTL, & he worked at the dealership.

I've got a fairly good relationship with my dealership (discounts on almost everything, they fit me in quickly for service work), so I stayed with them, even though I might have saved some money somewhere else.

G

·
The $10,300 price plus almost $400 in additional fees is bullshit. In other words your paying full price for the bike almost. On a 600RR for instance, the prep involves installing the windshield, mirrors, adding oil, adding fuel, filling and charging the battery. If a customer came in and wanted to buy one, I could have it ready in 30-45 minutes easy. That's start to finish. The prep guys at my dealership wish they made that kinda money. The average consumer that's looking for a new bike checks the cycle trader and see's an incredible price on the hot new bike. They drive for hours only to find that the price didn't include freight, prep, dealer handling, etc. The fact that your bill of sale say's you paid the advertised price means nothing. I had a guy come in last year that bought a 600RR from a competitor for $6795, great deal except his out the door price was $11,600. Moral of the story, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE: best price

According to my paperwork, my bike was $10,000 + $299 (freight & handling) + $566.45 (tax) + $39 (transfer title & license) = $10,904.45. Chicago Cycle Center will try to sell you one of their 4 year warranties for $400 or $500 (only good at Chicago Cycle Center, NOT the Honda extended warranty); but it's optional, so you'd have to make sure they don't try to tack it on--total of $10,308 without the warranty, plus TTL. My dealer has the 4 year Honda extended warranty (5 years total) for $485 + tax, which I'm still deciding on.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Re: Extended Warrenty?

sunileman said:
Does anyone have any input on extended warrenty. Meaning, if anyone knows if they are worth the money, and what would be a good price for the 1000rr. :roll:
My dealer quoted me $485 for the Honda 4 year warranty extension, which they claim to sell at their cost. Retail is much higher.

The companies wouldn't do it unless it made them money. It's like insurance--everyone's just playing the odds. Honda is well known for their high build quality, so I don't have much fear going without the extra warranty.

Many also claim that having the extra warranty is a selling point for when you try to resell the bike, assuming you sell before the warranty period ends. The value is really up to the buyer--might be worth a lot to one buyer, and not worth much to another buyer. I think the final sale price of a used bike will depend more on how savvy the buyer or seller is, than on the options the bike has.

I would say it would be worth considering if you know you're going to keep the bike for four or five years or put on a lot of miles. Like I said above, I'm willing to take the chance of not getting the extended warranty, knowing that Honda builds really good vehicles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will sale any of you guys the 4 yr Honda exteded warranty for $400 flat for any of thier bikes except the Goldwings. You must purchase it before your original warranty runs out.

I posted the same info on 600rr.net

BTW, the warranty I sale is good at any Honda dealership nationwide.

You can email me or call if you have any questions.

Later,
Myron Bell
Bell's Honda
502-863-2200

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another thing, this has always bugged me, but;

Dealer prep, freight, and assembly is all figured into MSRP. If any dealer tells you different then they are telling you a lie!

Many dealers advertise a really low price, but then tack on a bunch of Bull$hit to get you back to close to retail. The sorry part is, many people believe it.

Just my time to vent :)

Later,
Myron

·
Registered
356 Posts
BellsHonda said:

Dealer prep, freight, and assembly is all figured into MSRP. If any dealer tells you different then they are telling you a lie!

Many dealers advertise a really low price, but then tack on a bunch of Bull$hit to get you back to close to retail. The sorry part is, many people believe it.

Later,
Myron
That ain't nothing, the bike shop in Oceanside Ca. has a 04 R1 sitting on the floor. They have a $12,999 price tag on it and told me if I wanted the first 1000RR it too will have at least a $2500 mark up. Chaparral only has a $500 “Dealer prep fee." So it sounds like I'm going to be paying at least $11,000 +tax for mine if I want the first one. Boy it sucks to be impatient!

·
Registered
502 Posts
fred900 said:
BellsHonda said:

Later,
Myron
That ain't nothing, the bike shop in Oceanside Ca. has a 04 R1 sitting on the floor. They have a $12,999 price tag on it and told me if I wanted the first 1000RR it too will have at least a $2500 mark up. Chaparral only has a $500 “Dealer prep fee." So it sounds like I'm going to be paying at least $11,000 +tax for mine if I want the first one. Boy it sucks to be impatient!
dude just drive 120 miles up to lacyclesports.com and get it for $10999 OTD.

G

·
One of the dealerships that I went to quoted 10,200 OTD. .. I would have thought that they would do better, considering that I have bought 3 gixxers from them. This is going to be my first honda, it is either going to be the 600rr or the 1000rr. . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.