Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my PCV and Auto tune from SupebikeSupply(thanks to Mary!),after more than 10 hours of rewiring and test riding,i am totally dejected now.

First of all,the PCV works well,i can feel the power difference wtih different map uploading.the problem of my auto tune was i see nothing changed of my base map after test riding!

at first ,i think because the auto tune was automatically changed the map "on the fly",maybe it can not save the fuel trims to the base map,so i can not see anything changed of the base map when i stop riding and shut off the engine.(please let me know the truth,am i right?)

second,i add SPST switch to my PCV,like the user guide said,after riding,if i toggle back the switch from "learn" model to "base map" model,i should see the adjustments in the "Trim table",but in fact,the whole trim table are still all zero ,the auto tune DO NOT work just like my butt-dyno want to say:(

i have tested the o2 sensor,the led light blink rapidly first,and pause forever,did not flash like the user guide saying,the location i lived is 120 feet of elevation,i think it should means zero number of the flash,so it should be ok for the o2 senor,am i right?

i also tested the cable between PCV and auto tune,it works perfect,no open.

i did not connect the speed to PCV,but i messed the gear calibration table of PCV before,i already re-install the PCV software,but still a mess,and the software always showed 1th gear.

the pcv and auto tune is proper powered i am sure.and i have checked the wiring for more than 10 times,nothing wrong there.

Mr dynojet or anyone,please give me some clues,i dont think i am so lucky to get a brand new fault product of dynojet company.any opinions will be great appreciated!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
it actually takes a lot of seat time for the autotune to do anything. it doesn't work after a 10 minute ride.

are you sure your butt dyno is calibrated to the american standard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you plug the open (unused) ports with the self terminating connectors they included?.
you are right!!! i just put the rubber plug into those unused ports,auto tune works now!thank you very much!

thanks to all your guys inputs,it is really a great forum here:th_salute:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. I would appreciate any feedback on the system and the instructions. We have had many people forget these plugs and I don't know what to do to make them more relevant in the kit! Also when you view the trim table make sure you click on GET MAP or GET TABLE, many people are forgetting this also.

·
PISS OFF!
738 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. I would appreciate any feedback on the system and the instructions. We have had many people forget these plugs and I don't know what to do to make them more relevant in the kit! Also when you view the trim table make sure you click on GET MAP or GET TABLE, many people are forgetting this also.
It clearly states in the instructions to install these plugs. But who actually reads instructions? What you should do when you update the instruction sheet is put more emphasis on this. Maybe make it in 3 type size larger FONTS or put a WARNING there that failure to install the plug will result in the unit not functioning. Most people view plugs as a plug plugging an empty or unused hole, and nothing more. Therefore they overlook it as not important. As you know, (others may not, and probably don't) these plugs have the 2 outer pins shorted together to complete a circuit. It Ohms out across the 2 outer pins with a VOM.

This issue has come up on numerous forums. Make it more relevant in the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have highlighted this in the instructions and also added a tech tip about the AFR reading. We may put the plugs in a separate bag that states "MUST BE USED". Thanks.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
One of the problems I had with the instructions. Is it says to plug the unused ports on the Auto-Tune which I did. But it still didn't work. Once I plugged in the CAN terminator into the PCV too it finally started to trim.

The switch part is not very clear either. I called DynoJet tech support and they told me that YOU MUST USE A SWITCH TO GET AUTOTUNE TO Work. Been testing it on my 09 R1 for a couple of weeks and still lots of questions.

Does the auto-tune do "on the fly" adjustments? By this I mean when I throw my swith to "A" for auto-tune (which is the circuit closed, verified by getting some voltage on a multi-meter) is the Auto-Tune making "on the fly" adjustments to the basemap or just adding stuff the to the Auto-Tune trim tables that I must then hit "Get Map" and then accept trimes. If I have to accept the trims then that's not really "on the fly".

When I throw the switch to "B" (B for basemap), it will run off the whatever map I downloaded from your site, opened in the PC V software and then sent to the PC V when I hit send map. In this case you guys had the map for the EXACT setup on my R1 (Full Akra, BMC Race Filter)

So theoretically. After I run this thing hard on the track for 2 days next week starting with my Akra, BMC map on the basemap side and auto-tune I should be able to lower the Max Trim ajustments to like 5% and get a really good map.

Also one more for you Mr DynoJet. LOL I got some trims of 3 and 5 in a couple of cells. The basemaps ones were much different. Now these trims... do they add 3 from the autotune trim to the figure already in the basemap or just overwrite it? For instance. If the basemap said 8 in the cell for say 1500 rpm at 20% throttle when I accept the trims does that cell then become 3 or 11? Does that question even make sense? LOL

I'm calling you guys tomorrow. I have a billion questions.

The on-the-fly thing is critical to me because I also have an 09 CBR600 that was sent to a factory builder for some serious headwork. Then I threw on a full system, your IRC2, and a race filter. I mean it's going to be running extremely lean and you guys have basically no maps for the 09 CBR600RR that give me a good starting point. I'm worried that if it's not doing on the fly changes to the basemap i'm going to be running so lean that I will damage my engine before I can map it out?

I hope this makes sense. HELP US OUT!!!

·
PISS OFF!
738 Posts
Im not Mr. Dynojet, but my thoughts are in RED!

JJ

One of the problems I had with the instructions. Is it says to plug the unused ports on the Auto-Tune which I did. But it still didn't work. Once I plugged in the CAN terminator into the PCV too it finally started to trim. (And thats why they include 2 plugs with the Auto Tune Kit. One goes in the Auto Tune unused port and the other in the PC5 unused port. But I would agree, the instructions need to be clearer for the majority of the users .)

The switch part is not very clear either. I called DynoJet tech support and they told me that YOU MUST USE A SWITCH TO GET AUTOTUNE TO Work. Been testing it on my 09 R1 for a couple of weeks and still lots of questions.

(I didn't have any problems with the switch and believe it was me that got you going in the right direction there.)

Does the auto-tune do "on the fly" adjustments? By this I mean when I throw my swith to "A" for auto-tune (which is the circuit closed, verified by getting some voltage on a multi-meter) is the Auto-Tune making "on the fly" adjustments to the basemap or just adding stuff the to the Auto-Tune trim tables that I must then hit "Get Map" and then accept trimes. If I have to accept the trims then that's not really "on the fly".

(My understanding is the trims are being applied to the base map on the fly, but you have to later accept the trims to make the changes to the base map permanent. For example if a 0 is in the base map cell and a +5 in the trim table, the engine is actually seeing +5 fueling and not 0, but you have to later accept the +5 to the base map to make it permanent.)

When I throw the switch to "B" (B for basemap), it will run off the whatever map I downloaded from your site, opened in the PC V software and then sent to the PC V when I hit send map. In this case you guys had the map for the EXACT setup on my R1 (Full Akra, BMC Race Filter)

So theoretically. After I run this thing hard on the track for 2 days next week starting with my Akra, BMC map on the basemap side and auto-tune I should be able to lower the Max Trim ajustments to like 5% and get a really good map. (UMM, NO. All that will do is only allow UP TO a 5% change. If a 10% change is actually needed, you will only get a 5% change. Thats more of a safety feature as I see it to prevent huge changes.)

Also one more for you Mr DynoJet. LOL I got some trims of 3 and 5 in a couple of cells. The basemaps ones were much different. Now these trims... do they add 3 from the autotune trim to the figure already in the basemap or just overwrite it? For instance. If the basemap said 8 in the cell for say 1500 rpm at 20% throttle when I accept the trims does that cell then become 3 or 11? Does that question even make sense? LOL (Very good question. Start with a all 0 map, go for a ride, look at the trim tables, see what they are, accept the trim changes and see what the final results are in the base map. That should tell you.)

I'm calling you guys tomorrow. I have a billion questions.

The on-the-fly thing is critical to me because I also have an 09 CBR600 that was sent to a factory builder for some serious headwork. Then I threw on a full system, your IRC2, and a race filter. I mean it's going to be running extremely lean and you guys have basically no maps for the 09 CBR600RR that give me a good starting point. I'm worried that if it's not doing on the fly changes to the basemap i'm going to be running so lean that I will damage my engine before I can map it out? (YES it is on the fly. The trim changes are actually being seen by the engine. Just not being made a permanent part of the base map until you accept them. If the base map cell is 0, and the trim change is 5, the engine is seeing 5 of fueling, not 0. The base map will remain 0 unless you later accept the changes.)

I hope this makes sense. HELP US OUT!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Jimmyjam pretty much got it correct, thanks. The value in the trim table will be applied to your base map. So if you base map has a value of 10 in a certain cell and your trim table reads 5 in that same cell when you hit ACCEPT TRIMS your base map will now read 15.

·
PISS OFF!
738 Posts
Mr Dynojet,

Are any PC5's having firmware problems?

I read somewhere else they might be on some models causing injectors to stick open? Truth or baseless rumor?

·
Registered
213 Posts
We have heard of a couple complaints of the bike running rich on deceleration and from the info we have gotten it sounds as if the injector could be latching on. We have not been able to replicate this problem here yet so we don't have a clear cut answer for you. For these couple of cases we have had them try a firmware update which is version 1.2.3 and it seems to have fixed their problem. You are welcome to try this update but if your bike does not exhibit any of these symptoms there is no benefit.

We are trying to find a bike that has this issue before doing a final release of this firmware.

·
carbonated
984 Posts
I sent an email asking the same question with no response.....hmm

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sent an email asking the same question with no response.....hmm
This is the awnser they sent me. Took a week to get back to me.

The 09 model we offer the PCV. We stopped all the PC3 testing on 2008 models. We have only tested and verified the PC5 on the 2009 model. You can try the install on the 08 we just haven't verified compatibility

1 - 20 of 23 Posts