Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a brand new Delkevic exhaust slip on, on my 2007 Honda Cbr1000rr. Immediately, I took out the baffle before even trying out the sound level with the baffle. Delkevic makes a great product, everything fit perfectly as described. I love loud exhaust systems, but man, this thing is too much for me. It is not a raggedy loud, it is classy I must say. My bike is geared down, -1 +2. At 75 mph in 4th gear, around 7,000 rpm I believe, the exhaust is loud, resonating around in my helmet like crazy! Maybe I am getting old, but about 15 years ago I had a 2003 Honda CBR 954RR with a [email protected] slip on. It wasn't this loud though, or so I dont think. Oh, and today, I did the right thing and went to the DMV and got myself a legitimate class M endorsement! I feel so much better doing things the right way. Give me some feedback guys on this Delkevic exhaust.

Reactions: akuma_rr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the class M endorsement! I rode around my first three years of riding with just a permit 😅. I don’t have any experience with Delkevic but I do have an SC Project CRT slip-on on my ‘08 blade and it’s heavenly when tuned right. That being said I wear earplugs now so who knows...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I just installed the baffle in today. I should have made a video. I wasn't thinking. What I did do was took the stock Delkevic baffle, and drilled holes in the end cap which was rounded off. Got that tip last night while searching the different forums. I will show you guys that though. I thought with the baffle in, it would quieten considerably. But, oh no! It's still raspy and deep. I like it now though. Its livable. Without the baffle, it is just over the top, and it took away some of my low end and mid range. That's where I ride. I definitely recommend this exhaust to anyone looking for a system that gives you that bark.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, the end cap use to be rounded, but I took my drill and put a few holes in the cap. The exhaust looks pretty good, huh? I was too cheap to buy the carbon fiber edition!
20200728_171427.jpg
20200728_173343.jpg
20200728_173319.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone seen my buddy 2015HRC? I haven't heard from him lately.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, just checking in on you! Hopefully everything is well.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Alright, just checking in on you! Hopefully everything is well.
Oh yeah all good here. Just a little dumb part install but I got the parts ordered to sort it out
What's the next upgrade on your bike? I'm gonna say some stainless front brake lines and Brembo MC?
Radiator guard?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, I really don't know. I want some white rims from the newer Hondas. Get rid of the archaic 3 spoke. But I have heard conflicting stories about the newer rims not fitting on my '07. Some say I have to buy the '08 up rotors for the front in order for it to match up properly. Know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I wasn't even aware any CBR came with white wheels. I painted mine, they were black.
Your bike looks good now though, I would keep the black wheels and go with some vinyl graphics. It would look sick!
Mine were like $60 for the set I think. They are reflective vinyl (when light hits them, from say headlights, they glow). Can get them in many color and scheme options.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes! See, that's what I want. The white rims, but I am going to paint them myself. I want to find the unpainted ones like 2015HRC, and paint them white.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Yes! See, that's what I want. The white rims, but I am going to paint them myself. I want to find the unpainted ones like 2015HRC, and paint them white.
well if you are set on the newer style rims then I would just get a standard set (black) and have them powder coated.
I painted mine because I wanted to match the fairing white exactly. Since you aren't concerned with color match I would get them powder coated prior to assembly/install.

I still say try a set of vinyl graphics first. It will break up the solid black. get an all white set, tons of options available. You can get some to basically color the majority of the rim anyway so very little black will show. Fairly cheap and if you don't like them pull them off and go with your newer style rims

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a great idea. Because the shipping on the rims is so outrageous. Not the price, but the time frame. So, I am going to try the graphics first. I will show you a picture when I get them installed.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That is a great idea. Because the shipping on the rims is so outrageous. Not the price, but the time frame. So, I am going to try the graphics first. I will show you a picture when I get them installed.
I was just recently sent an ad in my email for some new vinyl graphic designs that were awesome. If I didn't already have some installed I would be getting them. Problem is I cant remember what company it was but if you cant find any you like you can search ebay, a lot of options available there. Also a guy from Russia that does custom vinyl graphics, its where I got mine. If you want his seller name on ebay I can get it for you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. That's great! I recently saw an Ebay ad that had the white that I am looking for. The price isn't bad either. In the meantime, between now and Christmas, I am going to search for a set of rims like yours. I love that spoke design.

Reactions: 2015HRC

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
MCmotoparts is the site for these new style rim decals. I think in silver and white would look good on your bike
Screenshot_20200730-171104_Gmail.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is nice! I am liking what you are saying. Silver and White! It matches my motorcycle. See, man that's why I always look for you on here! You are the motorcycle guru! I dont know anything if it ain't a 6.6L Duramax Diesel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts