Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That is nice! I am liking what you are saying. Silver and White! It matches my motorcycle. See, man that's why I always look for you on here! You are the motorcycle guru! I dont know anything if it ain't a 6.6L Duramax Diesel.
Haha hardly a guru by any means but I'm glad my ideas are accepted well.
I think it would look sweet. I actually like these better than my current graphics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am going on tonight to see if I can go ahead and order. Another thing while I have you. I am about to order a power commander 3. I am nervous about down loading a custom fuel map. Do you run a power commander? The only mods I have is the Delkevic slip on.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Nope I run Woolich autotune.
I would guess you can get a base map that improves the timing and injector maps and tweeks the fueling for a slip on. Shouldn't be a big deal at all

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ordered the reflective dark blue and white graphics! I know it will look awesome! I may wait to order the power commander though, just until I can gain more knowledge about it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I ordered the reflective dark blue and white graphics! I know it will look awesome! I may wait to order the power commander though, just until I can gain more knowledge about it.
Why not just send out your ECU for a flash?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Man, I would send my ECU out to have it refreshed, but you know me man! Lol! I wouldn't even know where to send it to.🙂

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just ordered a Power Commander 3. Found a nice used one off Ebay, did some research about downloading maps and the such.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Man, I would send my ECU out to have it refreshed, but you know me man! Lol! I wouldn't even know where to send it to.🙂
There's several vendors here right on this site that have great reputations and know their CBR's.
Use the search tool or just contact Danos

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a brand new Delkevic exhaust slip on, on my 2007 Honda Cbr1000rr. Immediately, I took out the baffle before even trying out the sound level with the baffle. Delkevic makes a great product, everything fit perfectly as described. I love loud exhaust systems, but man, this thing is too much for me. It is not a raggedy loud, it is classy I must say. My bike is geared down, -1 +2. At 75 mph in 4th gear, around 7,000 rpm I believe, the exhaust is loud, resonating around in my helmet like crazy! Maybe I am getting old, but about 15 years ago I had a 2003 Honda CBR 954RR with a [email protected] slip on. It wasn't this loud though, or so I dont think. Oh, and today, I did the right thing and went to the DMV and got myself a legitimate class M endorsement! I feel so much better doing things the right way. Give me some feedback guys on this Delkevic exhaust.
I just took out the baffle from the delkevic on my 05 1000rr for a trackday last weekend, at 5000rpm its 105 db

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow! 105 db. I know mine was straight through loud without the baffle. Like you say, samjackson20111, I ride in the mid range, and without the baffle, it was echoing off of everything! And ringing around inside my helmet. Too much for me. Now, with the baffle, it is much better, and still louder than any other exhaust system that I have ever heard. I like loud, but........ maybe I am just getting old!🙂

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes, 2015HRC, I know. I should be wearing earplugs! But man, I had so much fun this weekend. I just rode around and had fun!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts