Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
tumbleweed
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running round on rossos? what do you think?

Im considering giving them a shot from my m3's but I think they are basically the same tyre with a different pattern?

thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Had them on my 08 R6, decent tire but at the hard end of sporty, reasonable wear, just not quite as much grip. Good all around tire, probably between a sport and sport touring tire.

·
tumbleweed
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
decent tire but at the hard end of sporty
yeah fair call on that.
The ol "fingernail test" does indicate a harder feel, especially compared to a 2ct for example.

As a road/sport tyre they're okbut performance life is short. The rear is shot by 2000miles. The warm up is average, once hot they grip ok but the rear does spin exiting on the gas.I quite like the front though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had original Diablos on my 04 R6 and loved them..... the current set is a 2CT and both tires haven't failed me and only have done nothing but impress.... the 2CTs were slightly cheaper too.. go figure? .... It did feel like the Diablo had more meat on it

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have had 2ct's for ever and wanted to try pirelli so i got the rosso's and now my front end is everywhere but where i want it ,i've had them in pouring rain and they where flawless, i ride rain or shine, so if i can figure out the front end and p.s.i. i might have fun on these tyres, just my 2 cents:beat:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think they are supposed to be a step up from the old diablos? I had the Corsa III's and they spun all the time it really pissed me off. I had a pilot power and it was AMAZING. Now a Continental Race Attack which i went down in a corner because they lost grip, a corner that i wouldn't hesitate to ride even harder on the pilot power in the rain and these junkers gave out. Next is Pirelli Supercorse Pros and im really lookin forward to it!

·
Registered
617 Posts
everybody makes good tires.. most of the time its the rider that sucks or the tires were cold. Personally I say blah for pilot powers way over priced and over rated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.