Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wanting to know if they have made any of the 2008 cbr1000rr's with a yellow tank cover? i recently bought it with only 510 miles on it from a dealership for $9000 OTD with a extended 3 year warrantee.

All of the 08 CBR 1000rr's that i have seen or have seen pictures of have a black tank and mine is yellow.

Do you think that there is something wrong with it? How can i find out the history of the bike? When i picked it up it looked like it was in MINT condition. Im starting to worry if there is anything that i should know?

Attached is a pics i ran out to get really quickly...

any feed back would help. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Adrenaline Rush
64 Posts
You might want to ask your dealer, but it's probably too late anyway.
If they represented it as a stock bike with no problems and no replaced parts then that's fraud. If the tank was replaced because of damage and he can prove it, they should take the bike back. I'd definitely be asking the dealer what's up though. There's really no way for you to get a history on a bike with 500 miles on it, so unfortunately you'll have to trust the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks guys... im definitely going to be taking it by the dealership in the morning and asking them whats up.

i also liked the yellow tank but then started noticing the differences, but i didnt catch the front fender until BJ1000rr pointed it out to me, thanks.

Also thanks for the welcome!

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
It would be a good idea to take all the fairings off the bike and inspect it for damage. Hell it's a good idea to tear the whole thing apart if for no other reason than to get familiar with the bike. If you do a teardown and nothing looks wrong, then 1 you have a good bike and 2 you know where everything is and know how to get to anything on your bike. Win win situation.

Bike looks good like that. Honda tends to go overboard with dumb 2 tone combinations(just look at all the 04 cbr1000rr bikes with black lowers.. dumb, honda, dumb) so be glad yours is 'fixed' :laugh:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
if they were going to replace anything from a wreck, it wouldn't be the front fender and tank. maybe the previous owner had them custom painted.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think it looks really good all yellow and better than the stock IMO. Lots of guys will get stuff like that done 1st thing when the pick it up so a crash isn't always what happened.
Kinda like the new Acura TLs where they're painting the big aluminum shelves both front and back with matching paint to make them blend in more... They’re doing those before anyone even buys them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
maybe it got scuffed a little bit in the crate or unpacking it out the crate and the dealership just painted it instead of getting a new cover. I agree with the other people it does look a lot better that way though.

·
Adrenaline Rush
64 Posts
maybe it got scuffed a little bit in the crate or unpacking it out the crate and the dealership just painted it instead of getting a new cover.
The dealership would have painted it black if that was the case. It's a lot more work to completely change the color.

Either way, I agree that it looks better yellow.

·
medic7984
124 Posts
im pretty sure whoever owned it before probly just had it painted for looks. I really dont think it was wrecked

·
Registered
9 Posts
definitely a good cosmetic change that can be done, but if you think it was wrecked...the body panels are purely cosmetic and you should be more concerned about other things if you have a feeling that it has been wrecked. what i would do is look for small scratches on the forks, swingarm, pegs, check the steering stops on the frame to see if there are any indentations. best of luck and +1 for a very nice bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.