Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get my I.R. spools and my Moriyaki frame sliders.I installed the frame sliders and what not.Then i got stupid. I said to myself "let me see how much of the fairing would touch the floor (mined you I did this to every bike i had but I place a mat on the ground)This time i forgot to put the mat down. :banghead: Now I got a 5 scratch marks on the lowers on the right side. You can't see them from 3 ft away. But up close they're an eye sore. All and all THe insatll came out pretty good being that it was the 1st time i insatalled them having to cut holes myself. The left side came out a little better than the right. Perfect hole. The right side there's lie a 1/8 gap around the slider

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If any consolation, last Sunday taking a photo of the bike (CBR1000xx) in a windswept high altitude place, a freak gust of wind blew the bike over onto its right side as I was changing camera lens from 50ft away :shock:. My '99 never down, crushed onto its right side. About $3500 of plastic, signals, pegs, exhaust to replace.

Would also add when I get a bike nicked/scratched up in a minor kind of way... like yours, I let it slide and consider it "broken in". Once declared a bike "broken" in when I road through an unavoidable dust devil... pelted with thousands of pebble and rocks. Still see the nicks, scratches, pits, etc all over the bike and the helmet I was wearing then... if I look for them. Forget they're there now, and you may do the same with your rr scratches.

·
Registered
688 Posts
BigRome said:
BTW ZMAM I read that
ahh ok never mind then

but yeah man consider it broken in :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.