Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm Erik from Italy, I ride a '04 CBR 1000, but surfing the net I saw that "yours" CBR sometimes is a little bit different between mine. And I also know that american laws are different. Someone can exlpain me those difference please? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought the throttle was on the opposite side to here in the UK as you drive on the opposite side of the road to us.:grin:

·
Registered
250 Posts
the foot brake, gear lever & side stand are swapped as you off the bike from the other side in the UK

O2 sensor?
different ignition map to reduce max power?
no available in yellow (normally)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never known about yellow version!!
We don't have the throttle on the other hand ahahahah!!
Here in Italy Honda says that the standard bikes (04 model) has 172 hp, what about yours?

·
The German
57 Posts
there isnt any differences to US and Euro models... none that i have ever heard of... there are a few cbr owners in the german forums that have US models and the warranty is just different from us to eu models... nothing else

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for example, when a european automaker plans to sell a european model in the Unites States he must change something because Euro laws are different between american law, so it's very strange that a German customer can have the american model.

I've found a further difference......in Italy the 2010 model cost 19000$....I don't think you pay so!

·
The German
57 Posts
price is nothing i would call a difference.. i can buy a BMW s1krr for 17500 euro fully loaded and the americans here get her for 15450 dollars... huge difference... i know with cars the lights have to be changed but bikes arent cars

·
turbo-douchin' since 1980
2,408 Posts
The American version has a compartment to hold our cheeseburgers and fried mayonnaise balls.

There is also a built in holster for our guns, and it has an auto-throttle because we're too lazy to reach for it. :thumbsup:

Other than that ours is a CBR and yours is a Fireblade, different colors, and different ecu's. Don't you guys have a HESS or some shit too? I don't really know what it's called, but I thought the Euro models had some security thing on it too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahah we have a hoven for cookin pizzas while we ride!! ahaha

Yes we have te HISS to..so the conclusion is..the real difference is the ECU!!
Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since the 2021 cbr 1000rr rsp was announced in November, we’ve been eagerly waiting for Honda to release horsepower figures for the U.S. market, hoping it wouldn’t be far off the 215 hp claimed for the European-spec model. Thanks to VIN documentation Honda submitted to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, we can now report the American-spec CBR1000RR-R will only produce 188 hp.
While that’s a good improvement from the previous generation CBR1000RR which NHTSA filings list at 169 hp, it’s still down significantly from the Fireblade European customers will be getting. While we’ve been used to seeing a power drop-off for U.S. spec models, the news is still disappointing, especially compared to bikes such as the BMW S1000RR which claims 205 hp in its NHTSA documentation
The American model kicks your ass, then it takes your name

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Since the 2021 cbr 1000rr rsp was announced in November, we’ve been eagerly waiting for Honda to release horsepower figures for the U.S. market, hoping it wouldn’t be far off the 215 hp claimed for the European-spec model. Thanks to VIN documentation Honda submitted to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, we can now report the American-spec CBR1000RR-R will only produce 188 hp.
While that’s a good improvement from the previous generation CBR1000RR which NHTSA filings list at 169 hp, it’s still down significantly from the Fireblade European customers will be getting. While we’ve been used to seeing a power drop-off for U.S. spec models, the news is still disappointing, especially compared to bikes such as the BMW S1000RR which claims 205 hp in its NHTSA documentation
We knew the 189bhp number for a few months already. Honda released the numbers to the dealers a while back

And Holy Thread Revival Batman, 10 years LOL

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Thanks for quoting my post from a decade ago :p

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Thanks for quoting my post from a decade ago :p
The big question - do you even remember typing that? Lol 😂

1 - 20 of 29 Posts