Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Is there a difference in the way you ride a 1000cc bike?

• Nah. You can still finesse it like small bike

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this discussion with a friend recently. Having both owned our share of litre bikes (RC51's/954's/R1's) and others (F4i's, 600RR's, R6's, EX500s), we were deliberating on our riding styles with respect to litre bikes. My arguement was that there is definitely a difference in the style you need to ride a big bore bike, more of a trail-brake hard into a corner, point and throttle affair as opposed to smaller displacement roll through the corner ordeal, revving it hard out because of the lack of torque. He was saying that it didn't matter, it was the rider style that was more critical. This pertains more to the track then the street.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, there is a differance. With a liter bike having heavier moving parts such as pistons, valves, & most obvious the crank. Thoes factors make turn in a little slower, so that means you have to begin your turn a fraction of a second earlier. Also, with the increased speed you will also have to break earlier as well. But when it comes to exit a corner, throttle control is the key to wheel spin or not. But this applies to a track, but on the street there shouldn't be much differance at all unless you and your boys are tryinmg to be Rossi, Hayden & Edwards. :cruising: :moped: :police:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.