Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
ACUMEN D8....and of course...Brad (lexus rx) @ Superbikesupply...send him a PM and he will hook you up!.:thumbsup:

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
I got the acumen DG8 too and it works great. Just make sure to set it up when you get it, I was too lazy and rode around for 3 months with mine unprogrammed and it had no idea what gear I was in. Once I programmed it for my bike it picks up any gear change within a second or so.

·
White CBR10RR9
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the acumen DG8 too and it works great. Just make sure to set it up when you get it, I was too lazy and rode around for 3 months with mine unprogrammed and it had no idea what gear I was in. Once I programmed it for my bike it picks up any gear change within a second or so.

How much is it ?

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
yeah there is slight hesitation with the gear indicator since it works based upon RPMs i believe but nothing too bad. works perfect for me

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
How much is it ?
I got mine used for about $80 shipped I think, and I believe a new one usually goes for around $150ish. They go on sale from time to time here used, but if you're in a hurry this site is swarming with vendors who are happy to take your money and can usually give you a decent deal on pricing.

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
Just came back from Thunderhill today and I gotta say that adding that gear indicator was one of the best mods I could have done for my bike. Knowing what gear I was in let me be consistent and I was able to slowly build on my speed now that I wasn't in any random gear at any point in time. I know, I could have counted gears before but I got other things to focus on out there.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
Just came back from Thunderhill today and I gotta say that adding that gear indicator was one of the best mods I could have done for my bike. Knowing what gear I was in let me be consistent and I was able to slowly build on my speed now that I wasn't in any random gear at any point in time. I know, I could have counted gears before but I got other things to focus on out there.
yeah theres plenty of distractions and other factors out there you have to pay attention to. Its hard to always remember exactly what gear your in. I love mine its much more assuring when going into a corner and being sure ur in the right gear in my experience

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
we sell the acumen as well as the gi pro ds series.

the gi pro ds should be available in the next week or so. red will be the only color available for now.

the acumen works very well but the gi pro looks to be a better/faster product.

pm us for pricing on either.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got my GIPRO DS into today and installed in about 20 minutes, plugs right into your diagnostic port, minimal lag and it was sunny and 85 out and i could read it very clearly. I am pleased with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.